Credit card spending requirements are getting higher all the time. Not only that, but banks also want you to use your cards for ongoing spending to meet spending thresholds to earn elite status, bonus miles, and other rewards.
“Top of wallet” is a term we hear a lot in this industry because every issuer wants their card to be, literally, at the top of your wallet. So they incentivize spending with category bonuses, special offers, and promotions.
To meet credit card spending requirements, use your card for:
- Everyday expenses like utilities, groceries, eating out, cell phone service, oil changes, and subscription services
- Semi-regular expenses including dental cleanings, home warranties, memberships, and club dues
- Gifts for birthdays, graduation, weddings, and holidays
- Charitable contributions
- Business expenses if your employer will reimburse them
- Nearly any bill or service from a company or individual via Plastiq
- Annual and quarterly tax payments
I’ll expand on these categories and give you 40+ ideas to meet your spending in a flash!