This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
- Seriously tempted by the 75,000 point Citi Hilton Visa offer
- My Top 5 Hilton Category 2 Hotels for Award Stays
- Yay! Just got Discover It and Citi Hilton 75K cards!
- Awesome Things, Value From Hilton and Hyatt Points, Win SPG Points, and a New Finance Blog
- Citi Offers to Compete With AMEX Offers “Soon”
I’ve had the card for a sec now, and really like it. I wrote about the importance of having a no annual fee credit card, and this one might be a really good one to have.
About the Citi Hilton Visa
For starters, the sign-up bonus is nearly double what it usually is.
This card grants you Hilton Silver elite status, which in turn lets you get the 5th night free on award stays.
Its points-earning potential is decent – not as good as the AMEX Hilton, but still pretty good.
What’s interesting to me is drugstores are a 3X category. You can purchase gift cards from drugstores (like PayPal My Cash cards at CVS). And most cards have dropped bonus points at drugstores altogether. So this is one of the holdouts.
You’ll also get 6X points at Hilton hotels, so if you stay with them with any sort of frequency, that’s very handy.
Citi Offers for You
But, what I’m most looking forward to with Citi is “Offers for You.”
This’ll be a direct competitor to AMEX Offers, and will presumably be available on all Citi consumer credit cards, just like AMEX does with their offers.
I anticipate this feature to be released in a week or so, and I’m really looking forward to seeing what the first batch of offers will be!
You’ll also get Citi’s 60-day return guarantee. But remember you have to manually enroll.
And you’ll get Citi Price Rewind.
If the price drops on something you bought within 60 days, and you paid for it with your Citi card, you get the difference refunded back to you.
You’ll have to enter your purchases one by one. BUT. If the price drops, there are no claims or anything to fill out. The process is entirely automated.
I saved money on a item I thought would go on sale. And when it did, I got $20 back!
Anyway, this could really come in handy around the holiday season, with all the seasonal sales coming up.
And, depending on what Citi Offers come out, you could maybe get some good stacking of deals going on (Citi Offers, portal bonus, sale price, cash back when price drops).
I got the Citi Hilton Visa because:
- Category 2 Hilton hotels are a great sweet spot
- This card grants Silver elite status and therefore…
- 5th night free on award stays
- I’m curious about Citi Offers for You
- It’s good to have a no annual fee credit card
- I might want to use Citi Price Rewind at some point
- Citi is good about offering retention bonuses
- And it offers 3X Hilton points at drugstores
The card (with the 75K offer) is available via my links. Thank you for using them if you apply!
This offer, nearly double the usual sign-up bonus, ends next week on September 30th.
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Amex Business Platinum Card - 100,000 Amex Membership Rewards points! - If you spend a lot, you can end up with 125,000 points after meeting the spending requirements.
- Chase Ink Cash - $500 CASH! (50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) - Useful 5X for phones and office supplies and NO annual fee! COMPARE HERE.
- Blue Business Plus Amex - 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points - The BEST card for 2X on everyday spending.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Earn $600 cashback the 1st year.