This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
- The Economics of Quintuple Dipping at Kohl’s
- A Few Apps + Sites I Like to Save Money
- Get Honey, Save Money! (Browser Extension for Chrome)
I don’t usually post “deals” but I’m feeling mushy and this is a really good one.
If you want to send your Mom (or anyone else) a gift through 1800Flowers.com, there are currently some promotions you can stack for big discounts. Here’s how it works.
Stack it up
- Link: TopCashback
To get the best return, you need to have the Amex Offer for $15 off a $50+ purchase on an Amex card (preferably a business card for OPEN savings). It expires July 17th, 2016.
Then, sign up for TopCashback. When you use my link, you’ll get $10 back for your first purchase in addition to the current 20% cashback offer at 1800Flowers.com (and I’ll get $15 for referring your sign-up).
Once you sign up, type in 1800Flowers.com and you’ll see the current 20% cashback offer:
You’ll see lots of promotion codes, including one for 25% off (it expires April 24th, 2016, but there are always lots of codes available). Use a code you find on the TopCashback site. Don’t use any you find elsewhere.
The trick is to find something that’s just over $50 AFTER the promo code is applied. But there are lots of items that’ll get you there:
Here’s how it stacks for a $50 purchase:
- $15 off from Amex Offers
- $10 off for joining TopCashback
- $10 off from TopCashback 20% offer
- $2.50 back from Amex OPEN savings on business cards
- $50 – $15 – $10 – $10 – ~$3 = ~$12
Even if you don’t stack all of these, there’s no reason why you can’t get half off and save $25+ on a $50 purchase.
I bought this item:
I paid ~$54 to have a gift basket delivered to my Mom the Friday before Mother’s Day (she’ll likely be in church on Sunday and didn’t want to risk a Sunday delivery).
Note that promo codes do NOT work with free Shoprunner shipping. So you have to take it off in your cart. But a 25% promo code should just about cover the shipping charge.
For the ~$54 charge, I’ll get back $15 from Amex, $10 from joining TopCashback, $10 from TopCashback’s 20% deal, and ~$3 from Amex OPEN savings.
In the end, I’ll get back $38, for a total of $16 on this item.
$16! That’s a great price for a Mother’s Day present. Not to mention, I’ll get 54 SPG points for the purchase from using my new Amex SPG small biz card.
For my purchase, this stack amounts to a 70% discount. And my Mom gets a Mother’s Day gift.
If you order relatively soon, you should be able to snag a delivery date around Mother’s Day (May 8th this year). And save some serious cash.
To recap, you can stack:
- $15 off $50+ from Amex Offers at 1800Flowers.com
- $10 back from joining TopCashback and making a purchase
- 20% back from TopCashback
- a 25% off promo code (use one you find on TopCashback)
- Amex OPEN savings (5% back as a statement credit on Amex business cards)
When you add in the points or miles you’ll also earn, this amounts to a sextuple dip.
This is also a great example of how you can build a stack from Amex Offers. They’re not usually this good, but sometimes worthwhile. Wanted to share this one because it’s timely and awesome.
Also, get your Mom something for Mother’s Day. She deserves it. 🙂
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Chase Sapphire Reserve - 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points - My review of this card.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Why I love this card!
- Hilton Surpass Amex - 85,000 Hilton points - Why I picked up this card.
- Chase Hyatt card - 40,000 Hyatt points and a free night at a Category 1 through 4 hotel each year on your cardmember anniversary - Here are 5 great hotels to redeem your free night!