Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
- The Economics of Quintuple Dipping at Kohl’s
- A Few Apps + Sites I Like to Save Money
- Get Honey, Save Money! (Browser Extension for Chrome)
I don’t usually post “deals” but I’m feeling mushy and this is a really good one.
If you want to send your Mom (or anyone else) a gift through 1800Flowers.com, there are currently some promotions you can stack for big discounts. Here’s how it works.
Stack it up
- Link: TopCashback
To get the best return, you need to have the Amex Offer for $15 off a $50+ purchase on an Amex card (preferably a business card for OPEN savings). It expires July 17th, 2016.
Then, sign up for TopCashback. When you use my link, you’ll get $10 back for your first purchase in addition to the current 20% cashback offer at 1800Flowers.com (and I’ll get $15 for referring your sign-up).
Once you sign up, type in 1800Flowers.com and you’ll see the current 20% cashback offer:
You’ll see lots of promotion codes, including one for 25% off (it expires April 24th, 2016, but there are always lots of codes available). Use a code you find on the TopCashback site. Don’t use any you find elsewhere.
The trick is to find something that’s just over $50 AFTER the promo code is applied. But there are lots of items that’ll get you there:
Here’s how it stacks for a $50 purchase:
- $15 off from Amex Offers
- $10 off for joining TopCashback
- $10 off from TopCashback 20% offer
- $2.50 back from Amex OPEN savings on business cards
- $50 – $15 – $10 – $10 – ~$3 = ~$12
Even if you don’t stack all of these, there’s no reason why you can’t get half off and save $25+ on a $50 purchase.
I bought this item:
I paid ~$54 to have a gift basket delivered to my Mom the Friday before Mother’s Day (she’ll likely be in church on Sunday and didn’t want to risk a Sunday delivery).
Note that promo codes do NOT work with free Shoprunner shipping. So you have to take it off in your cart. But a 25% promo code should just about cover the shipping charge.
For the ~$54 charge, I’ll get back $15 from Amex, $10 from joining TopCashback, $10 from TopCashback’s 20% deal, and ~$3 from Amex OPEN savings.
In the end, I’ll get back $38, for a total of $16 on this item.
$16! That’s a great price for a Mother’s Day present. Not to mention, I’ll get 54 SPG points for the purchase from using my new Amex SPG small biz card.
For my purchase, this stack amounts to a 70% discount. And my Mom gets a Mother’s Day gift.
If you order relatively soon, you should be able to snag a delivery date around Mother’s Day (May 8th this year). And save some serious cash.
To recap, you can stack:
- $15 off $50+ from Amex Offers at 1800Flowers.com
- $10 back from joining TopCashback and making a purchase
- 20% back from TopCashback
- a 25% off promo code (use one you find on TopCashback)
- Amex OPEN savings (5% back as a statement credit on Amex business cards)
When you add in the points or miles you’ll also earn, this amounts to a sextuple dip.
This is also a great example of how you can build a stack from Amex Offers. They’re not usually this good, but sometimes worthwhile. Wanted to share this one because it’s timely and awesome.
Also, get your Mom something for Mother’s Day. She deserves it. 🙂* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update! And thanks for using my links to apply for new card offers!
Out and Out has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Out and Out and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
- Capital One Venture X Rewards - Earn 75,000 Venture miles plus a $300 annual statement credit for travel booked through Capital One
- Chase Ink Business Preferred - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months and 3X bonus points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Amex Blue Business Plus - Earn 15,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.