This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
- Use Paribus to Get Money Back If There’s a Price Change
- Save (or Earn!) Money at Amazon and More This Holiday Season
You guys know I’m all about saving money when shopping online.
While you shop, it scours for any coupon codes you can apply toward your purchase.
So when you get to the checkout screen and see the box for a promotion code, you don’t have to go down a mini Google-spiral to find something that works.
Before, I’d spend an extra 10 minutes to find the best promotion code. But Honey finds and applies them for you with no additional effort on your part (aside from adding it to your browser).
It’s free to use, and there’s no adware, malware, spyware, etc. to worry about. In fact, they are adamant about not using your information maliciously.
It sits in the corner of your browser, and sets about finding coupons and codes to apply for you at checkout.
Of course, some sites don’t have any coupon codes.
But others, like Kohls.com, light up like a Christmas tree.
After the codes are applied, you can go through the list and double-check that you did indeed get the best deal.
This is such an awesome timesaver, I had to share it with you guys.
OK, Great. Are There Drawbacks?
Not really a drawback, but something to be aware of.
Honey can also act as a shopping portal. Not automatically, thankfully.
They have a reward system they call HoneyGold. You’ll earn cashback, like any other shopping portal.
Or earn points or miles instead.
Use Honey to find promo codes. Ignore the HoneyGold function (unless of course they have the highest payout, but I don’t think they would).
Honey is pretty dang cool. It finds promotion codes for you automatically while you’re shopping, and saves you money at checkout.
If you use Google Chrome, add it to your browser to start saving. The rest all happens without any added effort.
Have you heard of Honey before? Any experiences?
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Chase Sapphire Reserve - 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points - My review of this card.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Why I love this card!
- Hilton Surpass Amex - 85,000 Hilton points - Why I picked up this card.
- Chase Hyatt card - 40,000 Hyatt points and a free night at a Category 1 through 4 hotel each year on your cardmember anniversary - Here are 5 great hotels to redeem your free night!