This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CardRatings.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
Update 7/31/18: It looks like the $499 price is going strong because of a “Summer Sale”! I’d still say to act ASAP if you’re interested!
Looking for inspiration, truly great networking opportunities, and a ton of personal finance information in one jam-packed 4-day event?
I attended FinCon 2017 in Dallas. As soon as it was done, I immediately registered to attend Orlando 2018, though I didn’t know how I’d fit it in at the time.
Flash forward to now. In 2 short months, I’ll be in Orlando for a week of CardCon, FinCon, and maybe even Disney World (when in Rome, right?). 🏝
Last year’s FinCon was a turning point in my own financial development. Plus, I got to meet some of my favorite bloggers in person (Paula from Afford Anything, Chonce from My Debt Epiphany, and Summer from Mommy Points) – and so many other knowledgable, inspirational peeps.
This year’s conference will be in Orlando at the Rosen Shingle Creek hotel from September 26th through 29th, 2018. Today is the last day to lock in a basic pass for $499. As of tomorrow, the price jumps to $599. So if you’ve been on the fence, now’s the time to get the best deal!
Plus, I’ll be there! 🤑
FinCon 2018 Orlando event information
Last year, I lucked out. FinCon was in downtown Dallas. All I had to do was ride 10 minutes and show up to the party – then snuggle my pup each night.
But this year, I’ll travel to Orlando in September 2018 to attend. If last year’s conference was any indication, you can expect:
- Best-in-class presentations with useful, applicable information and recommendations
- Amazing networking with tons of friendly folks
- More swag than you can handle – bring an extra suitcase (seriously!)
- Enough ideas to generate months of research
- Books, media, links, business cards, and connections
- Opportunities and promotions only available in person at FinCon
- The geekiest happy hours you can possibly imagine (where the best information always comes out)
- Your financial leaders in person – this year Mr. Money Mustache will give the final keynote talk (!!!)
Starting September 26th and running through the 29th, you can spend 4 full days at the conference. And I’m not kidding about all the swag. I still wear the shirts I got last year.
For points & miles peeps, there are still lots of award flights and points hotels to/in Orlando wide open. I’m flying on American (booked with British Airways Avios points) and staying at a Marriott hotel nearby (paid with points). My only out-of-pocket cost was the ticket itself.
I got the Basic Pass. Today, it’s $499. But tomorrow, it will be $599.
For a professional conference of this level, it’s worth it to attend. If you’re interested, today is the final day to get the lower price – you can register here. That said, if you miss it or want to think about it, I still think it’s worth it at the higher price – but obviously paying less is better if you can swing the dates.
You can transfer the ticket any time before September 1, 2018, for a fee of $50. Just in case anything comes up – people are always swapping tickets right up until the event itself.
Purchasing a ticket also gives you access to the private Facebook group where you can bounce ideas around, meet like-minded peeps, and if needed, swap tickets. You can even find a room share if you want to save on accommodations (there’s a linked Google doc there).
Take self-care with you
Attending a conference is a contact sport that can fray your nerves, voice, energy, appetite, and immune system.
Do NOT go into this (or any!) conference without caring for yourself. I highly recommend:
- Hydro Flasks for staying hydrated
- Protein bars, trail mix, nuts, or dried fruit to keep your energy up during and between sessions
- Honey throat drops or Roxalia for your throat – you’re going to be talking A LOT
- A “power object” you can hold, like a nice blazer, crystal, note with affirmations, new business cards, or accessory you really love (like a high-end watch or special ring)
Keeping your levels up is the key to getting the most out of a conference. You don’t want to see someone you want to talk with and not be able to speak at length because of a cough or sore throat.
I certainly learned this the hard way – now I know better!
I hope to see a lot of familiar faces at Fincon 2018 in Orlando this September – and meet lots of new ones!
If you’ve waited until now, today is the final day to get a Basic Pass for $499. Starting tomorrow, the lowest ticket will be $599.
I found last year’s sessions highly worthwhile. And am looking forward to traveling to Florida in a couple of months to repeat the experience – this time with a healthy dose of self-care.
You can register here – this year’s sessions should fun and informative, as conferences go. Maybe I’ll see you there?
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Chase Ink Business Preferred - Earn 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 3X bonus points for travel, internet, cable, and phone service
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - Earn 50,000 Chase points with the BEST card for beginners
- Chase Ink Business Cash - Earn 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 5X bonus points for office supplies, internet, cable, and phone service with NO annual fee
Support me by opening one of my favorite credit cards for award travel!