Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Saw this today and wanted to share. You can now get 50 cents back for each Uber ride after clicking through the Acorns app.
Some peeps can still get $1 back after clicking through Ibotta – although it’s no longer showing for everyone. The 50 cents deal is also targeted. So hopefully you see it in one place or another.
It’s not a lot. But all you have to do is tap a button and get 50 cents. Plus, there are 60+ other merchants on Acorns’ “Found Money” with great payouts.
Acorns is an app that lets you start investing for as little as $5. Here’s my full review of the service.
Targeted Acorns Uber deal
File this under “it all adds up.”
I added this to my guide to saving on Uber rides. You can also:
- Earn points buying Uber gift cards
- Save 3% on Uber gift cards through Raise
- Earn 10 Drop points per $1 spent
- Get Uber credits with Visa Local Offers (available in the app)
- Now get 50 cents back from Acorns or $1 from Ibotta (both targeted)
Considering the average cost for an Uber is around $10, these are nice ways to save!
I’m enjoying the Found Money from Acorns – and now have ~$30 in my account after the initial $5 to fund it.
50 cents at a time isn’t going to make anyone rich. But consider Acorns charges $1 a month for the service, you can easily offset it if you take Uber twice a month.
The money you earn is invested according to your risk profile, which you set up after you download the app. I consider it an easy way to invest a little “fun money” without any big expectations of performance or return. Plus, free is free – might as well take it!
Small amounts, small wins – but better than nothing.
I was jamming on $1 per ride through Ibotta when it just stopped working one day. The end date on the Acorns Uber deal is listed in 2020, so you have some time to take advantage of this, if it shows up for you. And getting 50 cents back on a cheap ride a few times a month is an easy way to offset the $1 fee Acorns charges.
Nothing earth-shattering, but I’m certainly going to collect my 50 cents every time I ride Uber and invest it in some super risky stocks. 😉 Here are more ways to save on Uber.* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update! And thanks for using my links to apply for new card offers!
Out and Out has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Out and Out and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 2X bonus points for travel and dining - BEST EVER OFFER!
- Chase Ink Business Preferred - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 3X bonus points for travel, internet, cable, and phone service
- Capital One Venture Rewards - Earn 100,000 bonus miles and 2X miles on every purchase with no bonus categories to think about
- Amex Blue Business Plus - Earn 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.