This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CardRatings.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
Saw this today and wanted to share. You can now get 50 cents back for each Uber ride after clicking through the Acorns app.
Some peeps can still get $1 back after clicking through Ibotta – although it’s no longer showing for everyone. The 50 cents deal is also targeted. So hopefully you see it in one place or another.
It’s not a lot. But all you have to do is tap a button and get 50 cents. Plus, there are 60+ other merchants on Acorns’ “Found Money” with great payouts.
Acorns is an app that lets you start investing for as little as $5. Here’s my full review of the service.
Targeted Acorns Uber deal
File this under “it all adds up.”
I added this to my guide to saving on Uber rides. You can also:
- Earn points buying Uber gift cards
- Save 3% on Uber gift cards through Raise
- Earn 10 Drop points per $1 spent
- Get Uber credits with Visa Local Offers (available in the app)
- Now get 50 cents back from Acorns or $1 from Ibotta (both targeted)
Considering the average cost for an Uber is around $10, these are nice ways to save!
I’m enjoying the Found Money from Acorns – and now have ~$30 in my account after the initial $5 to fund it.
50 cents at a time isn’t going to make anyone rich. But consider Acorns charges $1 a month for the service, you can easily offset it if you take Uber twice a month.
The money you earn is invested according to your risk profile, which you set up after you download the app. I consider it an easy way to invest a little “fun money” without any big expectations of performance or return. Plus, free is free – might as well take it!
Small amounts, small wins – but better than nothing.
I was jamming on $1 per ride through Ibotta when it just stopped working one day. The end date on the Acorns Uber deal is listed in 2020, so you have some time to take advantage of this, if it shows up for you. And getting 50 cents back on a cheap ride a few times a month is an easy way to offset the $1 fee Acorns charges.
Nothing earth-shattering, but I’m certainly going to collect my 50 cents every time I ride Uber and invest it in some super risky stocks. 😉 Here are more ways to save on Uber.
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Chase Ink Business Preferred - Earn 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 3X bonus points for travel, internet, cable, and phone service
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - Earn 50,000 Chase points with the BEST card for beginners
- Chase Ink Business Cash - Earn 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 5X bonus points for office supplies, internet, cable, and phone service with NO annual fee
See if you're targeted to save 20% at Amazon by using 1 Amex point!