Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
- Use Paribus to Get Money Back If There’s a Price Change
- Save (or Earn!) Money at Amazon and More This Holiday Season
You guys know I’m all about saving money when shopping online.
Enter Honey Chrome extension
- Link: Sign up for Honey
While you shop, it scours for any coupon codes you can apply toward your purchase.
So when you get to the checkout screen and see the box for a promotion code, you don’t have to go down a mini Google-spiral to find something that works.
Before, I’d spend an extra 10 minutes to find the best promotion code. But Honey finds and applies them for you with no additional effort on your part (aside from adding it to your browser).
It’s free to use, and there’s no adware, malware, spyware, etc. to worry about. In fact, they are adamant about not using your information maliciously.
It sits in the corner of your browser, and sets about finding coupons and codes to apply for you at checkout.
Of course, some sites don’t have any coupon codes.
But others, like Kohls.com, light up like a Christmas tree.
After the codes are applied, you can go through the list and double-check that you did indeed get the best deal.
This is such an awesome timesaver, I had to share it with you guys.
Are There Drawbacks?
Not really a drawback, but something to be aware of.
Honey can also act as a shopping portal. Not automatically, thankfully.
They have a reward system they call HoneyGold. You’ll earn cashback, like any other shopping portal.
Or earn points or miles instead.
Use Honey to find promo codes. Ignore the HoneyGold function (unless of course they have the highest payout, but I don’t think they would).
- Link: Sign up for Honey
Honey is pretty dang cool. It finds promotion codes for you automatically while you’re shopping, and saves you money at checkout.
If you use Google Chrome, add it to your browser to start saving. The rest all happens without any added effort.
Have you heard of Honey before? Any experiences?* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update! And thanks for using my links to apply for new card offers!
Out and Out has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Out and Out and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
- Capital One Venture X Rewards - Earn 75,000 Venture miles plus a $300 annual statement credit for travel booked through Capital One
- Chase Ink Business Preferred - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months and 3X bonus points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Amex Blue Business Plus - Earn 15,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.