This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
- Use Paribus to Get Money Back If There’s a Price Change
- Save (or Earn!) Money at Amazon and More This Holiday Season
You guys know I’m all about saving money when shopping online.
Enter Honey Chrome extension
- Link: Sign up for Honey
While you shop, it scours for any coupon codes you can apply toward your purchase.
So when you get to the checkout screen and see the box for a promotion code, you don’t have to go down a mini Google-spiral to find something that works.
Before, I’d spend an extra 10 minutes to find the best promotion code. But Honey finds and applies them for you with no additional effort on your part (aside from adding it to your browser).
It’s free to use, and there’s no adware, malware, spyware, etc. to worry about. In fact, they are adamant about not using your information maliciously.
It sits in the corner of your browser, and sets about finding coupons and codes to apply for you at checkout.
Of course, some sites don’t have any coupon codes.
But others, like Kohls.com, light up like a Christmas tree.
After the codes are applied, you can go through the list and double-check that you did indeed get the best deal.
This is such an awesome timesaver, I had to share it with you guys.
Are There Drawbacks?
Not really a drawback, but something to be aware of.
Honey can also act as a shopping portal. Not automatically, thankfully.
They have a reward system they call HoneyGold. You’ll earn cashback, like any other shopping portal.
Or earn points or miles instead.
Use Honey to find promo codes. Ignore the HoneyGold function (unless of course they have the highest payout, but I don’t think they would).
- Link: Sign up for Honey
Honey is pretty dang cool. It finds promotion codes for you automatically while you’re shopping, and saves you money at checkout.
If you use Google Chrome, add it to your browser to start saving. The rest all happens without any added effort.
Have you heard of Honey before? Any experiences?
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points - Why this is the best card to start with.
- Chase Ink Cash - $500 CASH! (50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) - Useful 5X for phones and office supplies and NO annual fee! COMPARE HERE.
- Blue Business Plus Amex - 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points - The BEST card for 2X on everyday spending.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Earn $600 cashback the 1st year.