I’m a numbers guy.
I’m currently paying the $450 annual fee after I didn’t have luck getting a lower annual fee in-branch.
To get the lower $350 annual fee you could open a Citigold account, fund it (and even earn American Airlines miles by spending $1,000 on purchases, and completing 2 bill payments per month for 2 months), downgrade to a basic checking account, and leave $1,500 in it. I might consider this once I’m settled in after my impending move to Dallas.
In any regard, here’s a record of my adventures with Citi Prestige:
Year 1 (November 2015 to November 2016)
- November 15 – $250 airline credit for flights on Norwegian to Martinique
- November 18 – $244 saved with 4th night free benefit on a hotel in Martinique
- December 10 – $116 saved with 4th night free benefit at the Alexandra DoubleTree in Barcy
- December 16 – $450 annual fee charged (amount subtracted from total)
- December 17 – $250 airline credit for flights to Dallas
- December 18 – $800 from 50,000 Citi ThankYou points (worth 1.6 cents each on American Airlines) for meeting minimum spending requirement and earning sign-up bonus
- January 18 – $100 on admission for 2 to Sala VIP Miro lounge @ BCN
- January 20- $160 from 10,000 Citi ThankYou points for finding an error on ThankYou.com
- February 6 – $70 on admission for 2 to Air France Lounge @ JFK (day passes are $35)
- March 6 – $100 on admission to Admirals Club 2X at LGA and DFW (day passes are $50)
- May 2 – $490 saved with 4th night free benefit at the Hilton Tokyo
- August 7 – $50 on admission to Admirals Club at DCA (day passes are $50)
- August 10 – $396 saved with 4th night free benefit at the New York Hilton Midtown
- October 12 – $156 saved with 4th night free benefit at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum/NW
- November 9 – $269 saved with 4th night free benefit at Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu
- November 9 – $288 saved with 4th night free benefit at Hilton Capital, Washington, DC
Year 2 (November 2016 to November 2017)
- April 18 – $250 airline credit for flights within Europe for BAP 2017
- April 24 – $168 saved with 4th night free benefit at the Staybridge Suites Austin-Aboretum
- August 8 – $128 saved with 4th night free benefit at the Staybridge Suites Austin-Aboretum
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Amex Starwood Small Business Card - 35,000 Starwood points - My review of this offer.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve - 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points - My review of this card.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Why I love this card!
- Hilton Surpass Amex - 85,000 Hilton points - Why I picked up this card.