I’m a numbers guy.
I’m currently paying the $450 annual fee after I didn’t have luck getting a lower annual fee in-branch.
To get the lower $350 annual fee you could open a Citigold account, fund it (and even earn American Airlines miles by spending $1,000 on purchases, and completing 2 bill payments per month for 2 months), downgrade to a basic checking account, and leave $1,500 in it. I might consider this once I’m settled in after my impending move to Dallas.
In any regard, here’s a record of my adventures with Citi Prestige:
Year 1 (November 2015 to November 2016)
- November 15 – $250 airline credit for flights on Norwegian to Martinique
- November 18 – $244 saved with 4th night free benefit on a hotel in Martinique
- December 10 – $116 saved with 4th night free benefit at the Alexandra DoubleTree in Barcy
- December 16 – $450 annual fee charged (amount subtracted from total)
- December 17 – $250 airline credit for flights to Dallas
- December 18 – $800 from 50,000 Citi ThankYou points (worth 1.6 cents each on American Airlines) for meeting minimum spending requirement and earning sign-up bonus
- January 18 – $100 on admission for 2 to Sala VIP Miro lounge @ BCN
- January 20- $160 from 10,000 Citi ThankYou points for finding an error on ThankYou.com
- February 6 – $70 on admission for 2 to Air France Lounge @ JFK (day passes are $35)
- March 6 – $100 on admission to Admirals Club 2X at LGA and DFW (day passes are $50)
- May 2 – $490 saved with 4th night free benefit at the Hilton Tokyo
- August 7 – $50 on admission to Admirals Club at DCA (day passes are $50)
- August 10 – $396 saved with 4th night free benefit at the New York Hilton Midtown
- October 12 – $156 saved with 4th night free benefit at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin-Arboretum/NW
- November 9 – $269 saved with 4th night free benefit at Hilton Hawaiian Village in Honolulu
- November 9 – $288 saved with 4th night free benefit at Hilton Capital, Washington, DC
Year 2 (November 2016 to November 2017)
- April 18 – $250 airline credit for flights within Europe for BAP 2017
- April 24 – $168 saved with 4th night free benefit at the Staybridge Suites Austin-Aboretum
- August 8 – $128 saved with 4th night free benefit at the Staybridge Suites Austin-Aboretum
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Chase Ink Business Preferred - Earn 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 3X bonus points for travel, internet, cable, and phone service
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - Earn 50,000 Chase points with the BEST card for beginners
- Chase Ink Business Cash - Earn 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 5X bonus points for office supplies, internet, cable, and phone service with NO annual fee
Support me by opening one of my favorite credit cards for award travel!