Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Here are the most-read posts written in 2016.
In This Post
- 1 Out and Out Top Posts of 2016
- 1.1 1. My Experience Getting the $650 Phone Credit With Citi AT&T Access More Card
- 1.2 2. My Last Chase Card: Just Applied for Chase Freedom Unlimited
- 1.3 3. [EXPIRED] Hurry! ~$500 Moneymaker on Kitchen Appliances at Kohl’s With Discover It or Freedom
- 1.4 4. Honest Review: Chase Sapphire Reserve 100,000 Point Offer
- 1.5 5. BauBax Ultimate Travel Jacket Review
- 1.6 6. MileagePlus X App: Earn Bonus United Miles at Amazon, eBay, & More
- 1.7 7. How I Made an Extra $60K from Airbnb in 2015
- 1.8 8. I’m Switching to Alaska and Southwest (With Companion Pass) Next Week
- 1.9 9. Yup, FoundersCard Still Offers Caesars Total Rewards Diamond Status Through 2017
- 2 Bottom line
Out and Out Top Posts of 2016
Readers were intensely interested in this card. And for good reason: 3X Citi ThankYou points on all online shopping, including payments through Plastiq, and shopping at Amazon and Costco. The card isn’t available any more, sadly. But I still use it regularly to bump up my Citi ThankYou points balance – it’s a wonderful complement to Citi Prestige.
I thought this would be my last Chase card. It wasn’t. I’m still bitter about it.
But at least I product changed to the Chase Sapphire Reserve!
This one by far got the most comments of any Out and Out post ever. Peeps were intensely interested in getting free appliances and a healthy amount of points, miles, and cashback.
I still need to post the results of that deal. But suffice it to say: there was one hiccup, but I’d do it all again if there’s ever a deal like this.
This was my first Honest Review.
And yes, the Chase Sapphire Reserve is incredible.
I still wear my BauBax jacket all the time. It’s a handy garment for the frequent traveler.
I wore it around Osaka and now pack it regularly to accompany my travels.
I have no idea why this app isn’t talked about more. It’s amazing.
It pairs well with the Chase United Explorer card because you earn a 25% bonus with every purchase. Some merchants stopped coding correctly this year, but for the most part, it works.
Such an easy, easy way to earn a ton of miles throughout the year. A must to download.
A lot of peeps know me as the “Airbnb blogger,” which is cool. I’d say I got in on the last wave in New York.
Now I have 2 in Dallas, and one in New York. The Dallas properties perform well, though the numbers aren’t as eye-popping as last year in New York.
I also earn a boatload of points paying bills through Plastiq. It requires little effort on my part and still nets me a nice chunk of change. I should do another update on this. Hmmmz…
Amazing. I wrote this post last week and people resonated with it very strongly. I think, in general, there’s a lot of unrest with the legacy airlines. And peeps want alternatives.
And I think they’ll keep this extremely valuable benefit again next year, to get Total Rewards Diamond elite status through 2018. I’m hoping so, because I’d like to put it to the test in Vegas this year. On Alaska or Southwest, of course. 😉
Cheers to a new year and booking the trip in 2017.
Endless thanks – wishing you a prosperous new year!
Out and Out has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Out and Out and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
- Chase Ink Business Preferred - Earn 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 3X bonus points for travel, internet, cable, and phone service
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - Earn 60,000 Chase points with the BEST card for beginners
- Amex Blue Business Plus - Earn 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee