This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
(Please note you need a Chase Ink card and a Kohl’s charge card to replicate this.)
Points are starting to post. Here’s a rundown of everything I got for a $257 purchase.
- 2,573 Ultimate Rewards points – UR shopping portal to kohls.com
- 100 Ultimate Rewards points – UR shopping portal to staples.com for $50 gift card purchase
- 250 Ultimate Rewards points – Chase Ink card to pay for gift card on staples.com
- $2.50 back in Staples cash – from being a Staples rewards member
- $50 back in Kohl’s cash – $10 for each $50 spent
- Used Kohl’s card for $207 – a third of the way to MVC status for more discounts
Using the axiom of $.02 per point,I value these points at ~$111 ($58 for UR points + $52.50 in cash back rebates). For a $257 purchase, getting over $100 back ain’t half bad. Click here to read the steps I took to produce this little haul.
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Chase Sapphire Reserve - 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points - My review of this card.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Why I love this card!
- Hilton Surpass Amex - 85,000 Hilton points - Why I picked up this card.
- Chase Hyatt card - 40,000 Hyatt points and a free night at a Category 1 through 4 hotel each year on your cardmember anniversary - Here are 5 great hotels to redeem your free night!