Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Tomorrow, I’m flying AUS-DFW-KEF, with a looong layover in Dallas. Then flying to Iceland in a… coach middle seat on American Airlines. 😩
But it’ll be worth it, because shortly after, I’ll be off to Narsarsuaq, Greenland! I’ve wanted to travel to Greenland for so long. This really is a dream come true for me. And a huge bucket list item. ✔️
This time last year, I was in the Faroe Islands, and I tell ya, nothing compares to experiencing the Summer Solstice in 24 hours of constant sunlight.
Next year, I’d like to visit the Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut – as I find myself drawn to increasingly far-flung places. And of course, I still need to get to Tierra del Fuego.
But I’m ahead of myself. Next up is Iceland and Greenland. I can’t forking wait!
I also have life updates to share.
Visit to Greenland 2019 + bric a brac
Over the past 6 months, I’ve had personal ups and downs. Breakups, malaise, and a general sense of needing to put myself back together.
While that last part is always a work in progress, I’ve made tremendous headway. So I’m excited to share I’ll be:
- Leaving Austin next month and will be back in Dallas full-time 🌵
- Starting a new job in mid-July, which will bolster my dreams of FIRE big time 🤑
- Thinking a lot more about investments/saving/personal finance 💰
- In a much better place mentally 🧘🏻♂️
And for my points news:
- I’m dumping the US Bank Altitude Reserve and downgrading my Chase Sapphire Reserve to a Freedom Unlimited
- Because I just upgraded to the Amex Hilton Aspireeee – learn more here
- Will be under 5/24 next month (!) and looking to get a couple new Chase cards (I’m thinking the Ink Business Preferred and maybe another Chase Sapphire Preferred)
- I’m moving away from Chase Ultimate Rewards points and getting more into Citi ThankYou points, but would still like to have a stash for emergency travel
- Thinking about getting another Citi card
- All airline loyalty programs are trash now
- Be a free agent, eff airline status, collect transferable points
- Hilton is still my #1 hotel program (with a little Hyatt thrown in for good measure)
Aaaand back to CDMX
Remember my (literally, ew) crappy trip to Mexico City back in November?
Well, I swore I’d go back and so I am. A week after I get back from Iceland/Greenland, I’ll be back in CDMX for Part 2. I couldn’t call what I experienced there a trip – aside from my trip to the pavement that kept me down the entire time.
I’ll be there with a couple of friends for five glorious daze. And honestly, I can’t freaking wait to be back in Mexico! 🇲🇽
The next few weeks will be a fun, busy time with:
- A couple of trips to Iceland/Greenland and Mexico City
- A moving truck or two
- One new card, and two closed ones
- The evolution of my credit card strategy
- Dipping under 5/24 for the first time in forever
- A brand new jobbbb
- My return to Dallas
- More travel meetups (join the Dallas group here!)
- A much-needed reset
I look forward to writing about travels, the new cards I’ll get, personal finance musings, tales from the cubicle, and the next trips I’ll take.
I’m in a good place after a long few months, and feeling optimistic and confident.
Thanks to everyone for sticking with me through this. Ready for many new chapters… finally!
And I wanna know… what’s your next big bucket list trip?* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update! And thanks for using my links to apply for new card offers!
Out and Out has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Out and Out and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
- Track your net worth with Personal Capital. Get a $20 Amazon gift card when you link an investment account
- Start a blog and learn how to monetize it
- Get a travel rewards card to earn points or miles
- Open a SoFi Money account to distribute your funds and get a $75 bonus - it's the best checking account out there right now (here's my review)
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.