Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
- Exploring Amex Serve for free money and handy uses after April 16th
- Bye, REDbird; Hello again, Serve
- Seriously tempted by the 75,000 point Citi Hilton Visa offer
It looks like Serve has a new prepaid debit card – and it’s already on the front page of their website.
AMEX is apparently splitting the “Old Blue Serve” into 2 separate products.
And you can reload the “New Green Serve” at CVS, Family Dollar, Walmart, and 7-Eleven.
And New Green Serve has a $4.95 monthly fee – but not if you’re in Texas, New York, or Vermont.
I’m not sure if you can have both products at the same time – or what the split means for Old Blue Serve, if anything.
Aside from the new monthly fee, and the free cash reloads, it looks like the 2 products are exactly the same.
It would be really awesome if CVS took credit cards for the “cash reloads.”
I’d take my new Hilton credit card for a joyride (as it’s one of the only credit cards left that still earns points at drugstores – 3X Hilton points @ $1,000 a month reload limit would equal 36,000 points annually. That’s good for a few Hilton Category 2 hotel stays!).
All of the other terms and conditions – reload limits, ATM fees, etc. are identical.
After switching from Bluebird to Serve then to REDbird, then back to Serve again, I’ll keep my eye on this as it seems like AMEX is still rolling this out. This would be a great way (and convenient) way to manufacture some spend and pay bills you can’t ordinarily pay with a credit card. Especially in the barren wasteland of New York City.
Although if you can’t, I’m perfectly fine collecting my free $240 a year with the Fidelity AMEX.
Mark this one as developing…* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update! And thanks for using my links to apply for new card offers!
Out and Out has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Out and Out and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 2X bonus points for travel and dining - BEST EVER OFFER!
- Chase Ink Business Preferred - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 3X bonus points for travel, internet, cable, and phone service
- Capital One Venture Rewards - Earn 100,000 bonus miles and 2X miles on every purchase with no bonus categories to think about
- Amex Blue Business Plus - Earn 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.