This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CardRatings.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
Just saw this and wanted to put it up.
Keep an eye on your mailbox. It seems Citi is targeting American Airlines credit card holders for bonus offers:
Here are the deets:
- Earn up to 2,500 bonus miles
- Earn 2X miles in certain categories (below)
- Earn 10X miles if you pay with Apple Pay
- Promo runs through 9/30/15
2X / 10X categories:
- Grocery stores
- Gas stations
- Commuter transportation
Couple of thoughts. Citi is going after Barclays in the promo department.
And they’re going after pretty much every other card with the categories. Including drugstores?
If you max out the 10X with Apple Pay, that’s only $250 in spend. So it’s not stellar.
However, Citi sometimes mixes up their promos and sends different offers out.
Did anyone else get one of these recently? Was your offer different?
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Chase Ink Business Preferred - Earn 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 3X bonus points for travel, internet, cable, and phone service
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - Earn 50,000 Chase points with the BEST card for beginners
- Amex Blue Business Plus - Earn 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee