Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Black Friday slash Cyber Monday is coming fast. Not only can you earn free cash, points, or miles, but use a shopping portal to get extra bonus money just for signing up and clicking a link before you shop.
Here’s a recap of current portal bonuses if you’re a new member, and a few apps that will give you free money when you shop.
If you’re going to buy stuff anyway, always get something back from it. Even if it’s a few bucks here and there, it all adds up!
Here’s a list of current bonuses!
In This Post
Try a New Shopping Portal and Earn Free Cash
Shopping portals are sites that award you free cash, points, or miles when you click through their links before you begin your online shopping.
You can earn rewards for shopping at nearly every big merchant. Always check Cashback Monitor to see which site will give you the most for your purchase.
That said, some portals give you a first-time use bonus, or a bonus for spending a certain amount, if you’re a new member. And when you include it, the value can actually be stellar.
Cashback portals offering free cash for new members
Here are 10 shopping portals with bonuses for signing up right now:
- Acorns – $5 for signing up, then earn free Found Money when you shop at 40+ merchants
- BeFrugal – $10 for signing up, shop at 5,000+ merchants
- Dosh – $5 instantly added to your account when you link a card. One of my favorite apps!
- Ebates – $10 after your first purchase at 2,500+ merchants
- ExtraBux – $20 when you signup, can shop at 3,000+ merchants
- Giving Assistant – $5 instantly added to your account
- Ibotta – $10 when you download the app. Another fave!
- Mr. Rebates– $5 when you signup
- RebatesMe – $10 instantly added to your account when you signup
- Swagbucks – $3 when you earn $3 from shopping at 1,500+ merchants
Airlines portals to earn extra miles
If you don’t want cash rewards, or are close to an award trip, you might use an airline portal to earn miles instead. The main ones are:
As of now, I don’t see any special offers for shopping other than the usual miles per $1 spent.
Sometimes they run promotions, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see one pop up over the next month or so. Keep watch if you’re interested.
Bank portals for free points
The most notable is the Chase Ultimate Rewards shopping portal that gives you extra points if you have a Chase Ultimate Rewards card. Barclays also has a shopping portal.
But depending if another cashback portal offers a bigger percentage of cash, or if you can earn bonus miles from an airline portal, you might decide not to use these.
That said, transferable points are the most valuable around so you just gotta run the numbers and go for what you personally prefer the most.
Don’t forget Earny, Honey, and Paribus
Here are 3 services every online shopper should have. Signup for:
- Earny – automates price protection on many credit cards, and monitors for late shipments – costs 25% of refunded difference
- Honey – browser extension that alerts you for lower prices and applies coupons automatically to save money, great for Amazon shopping
- Paribus – watches for price drops and claims late shipment adjustments on your behalf – completely free to use
These are excellent additions that offer protection for your shopping. I’ve used them all for years and have saved $100s in price drop credits and refunds for late shipping (even it’s only late by 1 day).
If you plan to shop online at all this holiday season, get free cash for shopping through a portal! Many of them will give you bonus money just for signing up, or making a purchase, if you’re a new member. I’ve rounded up the current bonuses above.
If you prefer airline miles, keep an eye out for a portal bonus at some point in the next few weeks. And check Cashback Monitor to check the best earning rates across every portal at a glance.
Now would be a good time to score a lot of bonuses in a row. Here’s my full comparison of 15 cashback shopping portals.
Free money for shopping – these are the easiest wins around!* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update! And thanks for using my links to apply for new card offers!
Out and Out has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Out and Out and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
- Chase Ink Business Preferred - Earn 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 3X bonus points for travel, internet, cable, and phone service
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - Earn 60,000 Chase points with the BEST card for beginners
- Amex Blue Business Plus - Earn 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee