Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
- My Last Chase Card: Just Applied for Chase Freedom Unlimited
- Loving Citi More Than Ever – Time to Cancel Other Cards?
Well, I got the letter today that I was straight-up denied for the new Chase Freedom Unlimited card (which is now open for online applications).
It was to be my last Chase card.
I kept trying to call the automated line for info (888-338-2586), but even now it still says to look for a letter in the mail. I presume this one:
“Too many credit cards opened in the last 2 years.”
Wowwww. It’s interesting that’s listed as the only reason.
It seems this rule will now cover ALL Chase cards, including small business and co-branded cards.
DIAF – Die in a fire
Definition: To be in a fire, and die within it.Usage: I hate you, DIAF.
Why I applied for Chase Freedom Unlimited
- Link: Apply for Card Offers
I heard that other peeps had luck getting this card even with the 5/24 rule considered.
So, I threw my hat in, hoping for the best.
I thought I had a decent shot because:
- I’ve been banking with Chase for the past 10 years
- I’ve had a Chase credit card for 14 years
- I’ve never missed a payment
- My credit score is well over 700
- The Chase Freedom cards usually have more lenient approvals
But, no dice.
I’ll have to run the numbers, but I can probably product change to the Chase Freedom Unlimited if I really wanted to. I thought the card would be useful for ongoing benefits because it earns a flat 1.5 Chase Ultimate Rewards points per $1 spent, with no cap – or crap.
But I’ll have to see if I get more “mileage” from the Chase Freedom, or if I’d be better off with the “Unlimited” version.
I haven’t been flat-out denied for a credit card in years. Gotta say, I’m pretty disappointed.
Who knows when, or if, I’ll get another Chase card again.
Wonder what their co-brand partners will say about all this.
Oh well, at least there are other good offers out there from AMEX and Citi… for now.
Earning points and miles is getting more difficult by the day!
A nice send-off from Chase though, with this “FU” card. You too, Chase!* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update! And thanks for using my links to apply for new card offers!
Out and Out has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Out and Out and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 2X bonus points for travel and dining - BEST EVER OFFER!
- Chase Ink Business Preferred - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 3X bonus points for travel, internet, cable, and phone service
- Capital One Venture Rewards - Earn 100,000 bonus miles and 2X miles on every purchase with no bonus categories to think about
- Amex Blue Business Plus - Earn 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.