This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CardRatings.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
It’s been six weeks since I’ve started oil pulling each morning. Here’s my experience over a month later of daily 20-minute pulls.
For starters, it’s now firmly part of my morning routine. I don’t notice the flavor, the texture, the saliva… anything, really. The details that might’ve bothered me or that I’d get caught up don’t matter so much any more. It’s just the thing I do to get the day started.
This is so hard to determine, and so subjective. I feel I have earned these benefits from oil pulling daily:
- Improved skin clarity
- Tighter gum pockets
- Less plaque/tartar
- Better breath overall (very little “morning breath”)
- Less hocking up of mucus
- Teeth feel more “firmly rooted”
- Teeth feel stronger and healthier
These are all great things to observe. Now let me speak of the claims I’ve read about oil pulling that I have not personally experienced.
- I have not noticed reduced acne (still get one or two zits sometimes)
- My teeth are no whiter OR yellower – the same color as before
- I still have mental “fog” in the morning (grogginess)
- Oil pulling has not replaced regular brushing morning and night
- The imperfections/grooves on the surface of my teeth have not “filled in”
- It has not/will not replace mouthwash for me
I am ridiculously thankful I discovered oil pulling. Everyone has different body chemistry and should therefore expect “personalized” results from employing this method. It is hard to prove whether the changes I think I’ve experienced are due to oil pulling or not. In my case, I really do feel that the condition of my teeth and skin have improved. And again, I cannot prove this – it is just a feeling I have.
Going along with that sentiment, if it makes you feel better, do it. It cannot hurt to try this and for me, there is no risk involved in keeping this as part of my morning routine. I enjoy what I think has improved, and that is enough. I recommend trying it for yourself. The proof is in the… coconut oil. 🙂* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update! And thanks for using my links to apply for new card offers!
Editorial Note: Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post. The opinions of the commenters are not necessarily the opinions of this site.
- Chase Ink Business Preferred - Earn 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 3X bonus points for travel, internet, cable, and phone service
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - Earn 50,000 Chase points with the BEST card for beginners
- Amex Blue Business Plus - Earn 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee