Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
It’s been six weeks since I’ve started oil pulling each morning. Here’s my experience over a month later of daily 20-minute pulls.
For starters, it’s now firmly part of my morning routine. I don’t notice the flavor, the texture, the saliva… anything, really. The details that might’ve bothered me or that I’d get caught up don’t matter so much any more. It’s just the thing I do to get the day started.
This is so hard to determine, and so subjective. I feel I have earned these benefits from oil pulling daily:
- Improved skin clarity
- Tighter gum pockets
- Less plaque/tartar
- Better breath overall (very little “morning breath”)
- Less hocking up of mucus
- Teeth feel more “firmly rooted”
- Teeth feel stronger and healthier
These are all great things to observe. Now let me speak of the claims I’ve read about oil pulling that I have not personally experienced.
- I have not noticed reduced acne (still get one or two zits sometimes)
- My teeth are no whiter OR yellower – the same color as before
- I still have mental “fog” in the morning (grogginess)
- Oil pulling has not replaced regular brushing morning and night
- The imperfections/grooves on the surface of my teeth have not “filled in”
- It has not/will not replace mouthwash for me
I am ridiculously thankful I discovered oil pulling. Everyone has different body chemistry and should therefore expect “personalized” results from employing this method. It is hard to prove whether the changes I think I’ve experienced are due to oil pulling or not. In my case, I really do feel that the condition of my teeth and skin have improved. And again, I cannot prove this – it is just a feeling I have.
Going along with that sentiment, if it makes you feel better, do it. It cannot hurt to try this and for me, there is no risk involved in keeping this as part of my morning routine. I enjoy what I think has improved, and that is enough. I recommend trying it for yourself. The proof is in the… coconut oil. 🙂* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update! And thanks for using my links to apply for new card offers!
Out and Out has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Out and Out and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
- Track your net worth with Personal Capital
- Start a blog and learn how to monetize it
- Get a travel rewards card
- Open a SoFi Money account to distribute your funds and get a $25 bonus - it's the best checking account out there right now (here's my review)
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.