Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
- Ibotta: Get Cash Back When You Shop
- Save (or Earn!) Money at Amazon and More This Holiday Season
- A Few Apps + Sites I Like to Save Money
Just a quick tip.
For a limited time, you’ll get $5 added to your account when you sign up for Ibotta and redeem 1 rebate. (Full disclosure: when you use my link, I’ll get $5 too, so thank you for clicking through with it!)
This is an easy way to get a few bucks, but know you can’t transfer the cash out of your Ibotta account until you reach the $10 mark. You can transfer to your PayPal or Venmo accounts once you do. And it’s relatively easy to earn money with the app.
- Link: Ibotta
I write about, and use, this app quite a bit because I love to save money!
It’s worth a download if you use certain store loyalty programs because all you have to do is link them up, and the rest is automatic. All you have to do is “unlock” the rebates by answering short questions or “learning a fact.”
The highest payouts are actually for beer, wine, and spirits. So if you’re planning any holiday parties, your balance will build even faster.
I use the app to buy beer for my Airbnbs, then get cashback. I also use it for cleaning supplies, paper products, and a few personal care items like body wash and shampoo. Sometimes there are good deals for cereal, drinks, gum, and other random stuff. So it’s worth a looky-loo when you have a few minutes to spare.
Also note the cashback you earn is in addition to any store sales, promotions, or coupons. If you’re into stacking discounts, this is yet another way to dip.
More ways to save
It’s easy to spend a lot during the holidays, but you can save a lot, too.
Get another $5 for using Giving Assistant.
And if you shop online a lot, you’ll want to sign up for Paribus, too.
Get $5 in your account when you sign up for Ibotta and redeem at least 1 rebate. This is a limited-time offer, but it’s an easy win.
It’ll probably take you 30 seconds to sign up and a few minutes to redeem a rebate. If you’re hanging around, it’s worth looking into. Especially if you like to stack deals and discounts like I do.
While you’re at it, read my tips about how to save (or earn!) more this holiday season.
Happy holidays!* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update! And thanks for using my links to apply for new card offers!
Out and Out has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Out and Out and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
- Capital One Venture X Rewards - Earn 75,000 Venture miles once you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening, plus a $300 annual statement credit for travel booked through Capital One
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months and 3X bonus points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Amex Blue Business Plus - Earn 15,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.