This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
- Ibotta: Get Cash Back When You Shop
- Save (or Earn!) Money at Amazon and More This Holiday Season
- A Few Apps + Sites I Like to Save Money
Just a quick tip.
For a limited time, you’ll get $5 added to your account when you sign up for Ibotta and redeem 1 rebate. (Full disclosure: when you use my link, I’ll get $5 too, so thank you for clicking through with it!)
This is an easy way to get a few bucks, but know you can’t transfer the cash out of your Ibotta account until you reach the $10 mark. You can transfer to your PayPal or Venmo accounts once you do. And it’s relatively easy to earn money with the app.
- Link: Ibotta
I write about, and use, this app quite a bit because I love to save money!
It’s worth a download if you use certain store loyalty programs because all you have to do is link them up, and the rest is automatic. All you have to do is “unlock” the rebates by answering short questions or “learning a fact.”
The highest payouts are actually for beer, wine, and spirits. So if you’re planning any holiday parties, your balance will build even faster.
I use the app to buy beer for my Airbnbs, then get cashback. I also use it for cleaning supplies, paper products, and a few personal care items like body wash and shampoo. Sometimes there are good deals for cereal, drinks, gum, and other random stuff. So it’s worth a looky-loo when you have a few minutes to spare.
Also note the cashback you earn is in addition to any store sales, promotions, or coupons. If you’re into stacking discounts, this is yet another way to dip.
More ways to save
It’s easy to spend a lot during the holidays, but you can save a lot, too.
Get another $5 for using Giving Assistant.
And if you shop online a lot, you’ll want to sign up for Paribus, too.
Get $5 in your account when you sign up for Ibotta and redeem at least 1 rebate. This is a limited-time offer, but it’s an easy win.
It’ll probably take you 30 seconds to sign up and a few minutes to redeem a rebate. If you’re hanging around, it’s worth looking into. Especially if you like to stack deals and discounts like I do.
While you’re at it, read my tips about how to save (or earn!) more this holiday season.
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points - Why this is the best card to start with.
- Chase Ink Cash - $500 CASH! (50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) - Useful 5X for phones and office supplies and NO annual fee! COMPARE HERE.
- Blue Business Plus Amex - 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points - The BEST card for 2X on everyday spending.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Earn $600 cashback the 1st year.