Greetings, earthlings. No idea if this has been mentioned on other blogs or not.
I found a cool deal while tooling around on the IHG app.
Anyone can download the app and access free Kindle eBooks. You get more free eBooks throughout the year for having status with IHG.
Here are the deets!
How to find the IHG Kindle Offer
Once you download the Kindle app, sign into your account. If you don’t have one, you can create one through the app.
To find the free Kindle eBooks, click your name in the top right corner, then look for “Your Extra Benefits: Kindle eBooks” near the bottom.
Click “Get a Free eBook” to look through the selections.
You can get:
- 2 free books per year if you make an IHG account (1 every 6 months)
- 4 free books per year if you’re Gold elite (1 per quarter)
- 8 free books per year if you’re Platinum elite (2 per quarter)
- 12 free books per year if you’re Spite Elite (3 per quarter)
Of course, if you have the Chase IHG card, you’re automatically Platinum which means you can download 2 books each quarter for free.
There’s some good stuff in there! You’re limited to Kindle Singles, which are short novels, novellas, or long-form essays. I but saw some well-known authors in there.
Each Kindle Single costs $1 to $5. So you’re not saving a huge amount or anything ($60 at the absolute most, but more like a few bucks). But this is a nice little perk to fill up your device for reading on planes or trains, or just to enjoy.
When you find the book you want, sign into your Amazon account and that’s it!
You can start reading right away on a Kindle. Or, download the Kindle app to read on your phone or tablet.
I love to fill up my Kindle before flying so I’ll have something to read. It’s an easy way to stay entertained. That’s why I called it one of the best gifts for travelers.
Anyone can easily get a couple of free books per year via the IHG app. I found a book and downloaded it within a few minutes.
It’s super simple, and a nice gesture from IHG.
Enjoy the free books! Did you already know about this offer from IHG?* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update!
- Capital One Venture X Rewards—Earn 90,000 Venture miles once you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening, plus a $300 annual statement credit for travel booked through Capital One
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card—Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months and 3X bonus points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Amex Blue Business Plus—Earn 15,00 Membership Rewards points once you spend after you spend $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of Card Membership and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.