- 18 FoundersCard Travel Benefits (Status, Discounts, and Freebies)
- Assessing the Benefits of FoundersCard
- Yup, FoundersCard Still Offers Caesars Total Rewards Diamond Status Through 2017
- My FoundersCard Membership Just Paid for Itself This Year
Update: This offer has been extended through May 24th, 2016. My feeling is that it will keep getting extended. You can always contact me and I’ll check for you – I’ll also try to keep this page up-to-date.
Thought I’d post this promo and how to get it as a few readers have contacted me about the specifics.
Through May 13th, 2016, you can get FoundersCard for $295 a year – for life. The rate will never go up, so you can lock it in for $100 less than the usual $395 a year.
It sounds steep, but my FoundersCard has already paid for itself this year – and I just renewed (at the higher rate) in March 2016.
I’ll show you how to get the lower rate because it’s not as straightforward as it should be.
How to get the $295 deal
- Link: Sign up for FoundersCard
Huge thanks to Out and Out reader Rob for shooting me an email about his experience locking in the $295 rate.
Apparently when you click my referral link, you get to this page:
My promo code is supposed to show up there. But, it doesn’t. Instead, they just ask you “How you heard about FoundersCard.”
Rob got this email from them after filling out the form via my link:
They want you to prepay for 2 years with a different promo code, which understandably is not cool if you don’t want to commit for that long.
However, once you get the application link, you’ll see a $395 rate.
But when you get to the next page, you have the opportunity to enter other promo codes, which changes the offer.
Promo code roulette
The first promo code gets you $395 a year and $0 initiation fee:
The second promo code gets you $295 a year, but you have to pay for 2 years upfront:
The last promo code gets you $295 a year with a $95 initiation fee:
If you’re sure you want to commit for 2 years, the second one is better – “FCVIP295.”
If you want to lock-in the $295 rate, pay less upfront, or try out the service for a year, the last one is better – “FCHARLAN818“.
I’d personally rather pay $390 upfront than $590 upfront, but of course do what’s best for you.
However, if you choose the last option, you only have until May 13th, 2016 to lock in the lower price.
FoundersCard comes with a slew of bennies. So many that most peeps will find something that will more than cover the yearly cost.
Here’s an overview. I’ve highlighted a few of my personal faves in yellow. (Click to enlarge.)
And here’s the preview link if you want to poke around the website and preview any of the benefits in more detail.
You can apply for membership via that link too. But be sure to use one of the promotion codes above to lock in the $295 rate.
FoundersCard is running a promotion where you can lock in a $295 yearly rate for life through May 13th, 2016.
You can use two promotion codes to accomplish this:
- FCVIP295 – pay 2 years upfront ($590 total)
- FCHARLAN818 – pay 1st year and $95 initiation fee ($390 total)
Both of them work equally well to lock in the rate – it just depends on how comfortable you feel digging in for 2 years.
Here’s my analysis of the benefits that make it worth getting. Mine has already paid for itself this year – and I paid $395 for it.
HT to readers Rob and William for pointing out the specifics!* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update!
- Capital One Venture X Rewards—Earn 90,000 Venture miles once you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening, plus a $300 annual statement credit for travel booked through Capital One
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card—Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months and 3X bonus points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Amex Blue Business Plus—Earn 15,00 Membership Rewards points once you spend after you spend $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of Card Membership and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.