Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
- Taking Another Look at Hilton, Hyatt, and Diamond Elite Status
- 7 Hilton Hotels Where 120,000 Hilton Points Are Worth $700+
I noticed an offer in my Citi account – it can totally be a good one if you were targeted, and have paid Hilton stays coming up.
When you enroll and spend $750 at Hilton hotels through July 31st, 2016, you’ll get 7,500 bonus Hilton points AKA 10 extra points per dollar.
That’s a good deal if you A) have this card and B) have paid Hilton stays coming up.
You can also stack the heck out of this!
Combine promos to get a boatload of Hilton points
The Citi Hilton Visa also has a great sweet built-in perk:
You get 10,000 Hilton points if you spend $1,000 at Hilton hotels in a year.
And, you’ll earn 6X Hilton points per $1 spent with the Citi Hilton Visa.
Say you spend $1,000 at Hilton hotels before the end of July.
You’d earn ~34,000 Hilton points, or 34 Hilton points per dollar. (6X * 1,000 = 6,000 from Citi Hilton Visa + 10,000 from Citi Hilton Visa loyalty bonus + 7,500 from targeted promo + 10,000 for being an HHonors member.)
That’s pretty good! Already a quadruple dip.
Push it farther with status and Summer Promo
You’ll also earn more points if you have Hilton status:
- 15% bonus with Silver elite
- 25% bonus with Gold elite
- 50% bonus with Diamond elite
You’d automatically have Silver elite status with the Citi Hilton Visa. But I didn’t include the bonus in the example above to accommodate for taxes (which are probably around 15%, depending on where you stay).
Be sure to sign-up in advance for Hilton’s summer promo. Based on the $1,000 example above, you’d earn an extra 10,000 Hilton points, for a total of 44 Hilton points per $1 spent.
You’d earn even more with Hilton elite status (noted above).
That could turn this into a sextuple dip:
- Targeted Citi Hilton Visa promo
- Citi Hilton Visa annual loyalty bonus
- 6X points with Citi Hilton Visa
- 10X base points for being an HHonors member
- More bonus points for having Hilton elite status (comes with Hilton cards)
- More bonus points for signing-up for summer promo
In short, you can do well with the Citi Hilton Visa card’s targeted promo and annual loyalty bonus if you stack it right for stays through July 31st, 2016.
And even if you weren’t targeted, you can strategically earn the 10,000 bonus points per year for spending $1,000 on the Citi Hilton Visa alongside the summer promo to earn a nice chunk of Hilton points, too.
Depending on how you play it, you could get 20% to 100%+ back when you redeem the 40K+ Hilton points you’d earn in total:
- 40,000 Hilton points is enough for a 5-night award stay at a Hilton Category 2 hotel
- It’s also enough for a night at several pricey hotels around the world – here are my faves
Really, not bad for a card with no annual fee. Here’s my link if you decide to apply for a new card offer:
I’m always looking for ways to stack – and thought I’d share this one. Because it’s particularly good if you got the 7,500 Hilton points targeted offer with the Citi Hilton Visa.
Even if you don’t have that particular card, or weren’t targeted, you can still stack your card’s points-earning with the other dips to do nicely on Hilton stays this summer. It’s also a nice reminder to be on the lookout for opportunities – and to sign-up for promotions just in case.
I will definitely be using this stack for any upcoming paid Hilton stays – especially with my newly minted Hilton fanboy status.
If you have a Citi Hilton card, were you targeted for this offer?* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update! And thanks for using my links to apply for new card offers!
Out and Out has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Out and Out and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
- Capital One Venture X Rewards - Earn 75,000 Venture miles once you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening, plus a $300 annual statement credit for travel booked through Capital One
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months and 3X bonus points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Amex Blue Business Plus - Earn 15,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.