This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CardRatings.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
Well, the day is finally here – tomorrow begins FinCon 2017 in Dallas! I got early bird tickets back in February and it seemed the day would never arrive. I’ve been looking forward to attending my first FinCon expo for a while!
I know a lot of fellow bloggers and readers will be there – so if you see me around, say hey!
Tomorrow, October 25th, I’ll actually be at a mini-convention within FinCon called CardCon. Very much looking forward to that as well!
What’s it all about?
I’m hoping to learn more about:
- Personal finance
- The business of blogging
- The future of credit card loyalty programs
- Financial independence
- Latest blog trends, like podcasting and video – just out of pure curiosity
- New financial tools and ways to save money
But every conference is really about the networking. And they’re a great way to say hello to people you only know online.
I’m hoping to say hi to Paula from Afford Anything because her writing makes me ridiculously happy, her podcasts are my gym companion, and she’s a kick-ass person I’ve admired from afar for so long. I’ll be in full fanboy mode so will shoot for at least one coherent sentence.
- Link: Get the FinCon app
If you have a blog or will be there, feel free to leave a comment with the link and your name – I want to meet as many peeps as possible and have so much fun learning at FinCon this week!
If you’re going, be sure to download the FinCon app that includes the full schedule and lets you make a list of all the sessions you want to attend – super handy for keeping it all in some sort of order.
I’ll post more later – but will be in full conference mode this week. So if you don’t hear from me, I’m learning, taking notes, and hopefully getting brand new crazy ideas to write about. 🙂
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Chase Ink Business Preferred - Earn 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 3X bonus points for travel, internet, cable, and phone service
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - Earn 50,000 Chase points with the BEST card for beginners
- Chase Ink Business Cash - Earn 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 5X bonus points for office supplies, internet, cable, and phone service with NO annual fee
See if you're targeted to save 20% at Amazon by using 1 Amex point!