Note: this may be a targeted offer, but definitely worth it to see if it’s on your account.
Barclays is now offering the “Rewards Fan Zone” where you can earn extra Arrival+ miles by completing various (easy) “activities”.
Rewards Fan Zone
To see if you’ve been targeted, simply check your Arrival+ card on the Barclays website. Here’s what showed up for me:
After you log in to the Barclays website, navigate over to the “Barclaycard extras” tab to see what shows up for you.
I was on the cusp of 5,000 Arrival+ miles, and the activities chosen for me to complete were enough to put me over the edge for my next $50 award redemption, with absolutely no spend required.
As you can see, the activities are super easy to complete, and really only take a second or two per task:
It’s stuff like connecting your Barclaycard to social media, following them on Twitter, watching a short video, etc. The miles posted instantly, right after I completed each activity.
Nothing major, but you can get an extra few bucks worth of travel redemptions for clicking a few buttons.
If you’re on the cusp of your next award redemption, it’s totally worth it to check to see if you’re targeted for this.
More than anything, I’m glad Barclays is continuing to offer enhancements on the Arrival+ cards like:
- The Barclays RewardsBoost shopping portal
- The Barclaycard travel community (which I was banned from)
- Free TripIt Pro (which has saved my butt many times)
- Great retention offers
- MasterCard World Elite privileges
- And now, this offer
I’m curious to see what else they continue to roll out for this card and for the new Rewards Fan Zone to make it competitive within the rewards card industry. That curiosity has been my biggest driver for keeping this card as long as I have (along with a great retention offer).
Kudos to Barclays for continuing to innovate in a crowded market, even if it is only for a few extra hundred miles. I’m looking forward to seeing what they roll out next.
Was anyone else targeted for this? Are your offers better than mine? Would love to hear if offers differ from what I’ve posted!* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update!
- Capital One Venture X Rewards—Earn 90,000 Venture miles once you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening, plus a $300 annual statement credit for travel booked through Capital One
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card—Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months and 3X bonus points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Amex Blue Business Plus—Earn 15,00 Membership Rewards points once you spend after you spend $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of Card Membership and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.