Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
- Free Caesars Total Rewards Diamond Status with FoundersCard
- Yup, FoundersCard Still Offers Caesars Total Rewards Diamond Status Through 2017
The (good) hits just keep on coming! (I wrote about a free private jet flight from FoundersCard yesterday).
- Diamond lounge access
- No resort fees at Caesars properties
- $100 celebration dinner
- Priority lines everywhere
Because of this, I’ve been thinking about a weekend trip to Las Vegas.
Another benefit of Caesars Diamond status is 4 free nights at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas (part of the Marriott Autograph Collection).
Well, I just called to book it – and it went off without a hitch!
I used British Airways Avios points for flights there. And American miles for flights back. Total cost of ~$214 for round-trip coach flights for 2 from Dallas to Nassau. But the whole experience is worth nearly $2,600.
That includes 4 free nights from Caesars Diamond status – courtesy of FoundersCard. I’m so stoked!
About the 4 free nights
- Link: Total Rewards Diamond elite status
- Link: Caesars-Atlantis partnership details
- Link: Preview FoundersCard benefits
I feel naked without a trip booked, which is the precarious place I found myself in upon returning from Washington, DC, earlier this week. But I lasted a solid 3 days without booking another trip!
(I don’t count the trip in May 2017 as it’s over 6 months away.)
While poking around the Caesar’s website to see the full benefits, I noticed a mention of “Aspirations eligibility” and fell down the rabbit hole.
Which brought me to this page with details of the Atlantis benefit.
Caesar’s Diamond members get 4 free nights at the Atlantis Resort. And you can choose between:
- 4 free nights in the Beach Towers (slightly smaller)
- No resort fees
- 4 free nights in the Coral Towers (slightly bigger)
- $100 in free slot plays
Both options include:
- Atlantis Casino Experience Pass
- Access to Aquaventure, a crazy big water park
The Casino Experience Pass includes:
Shallow Water Dolphin Interaction for One, Round of Golf for One, Sushi and Sake Sampler Platter at Nobu, Two Cocktails at Olives, Two Cocktails at Seafire Steakhouse.
And the daily resort fee includes:
WiFi in Rooms and Hotel Lobby’s (up to 4 devices), Access to Fitness Center (2 guests per day), Two Bottled Waters Per Day, Per Room, Movie Theater Unlimited Access, Coffee and Tea In Room, Casino Lessons Daily, Shuttle between Towers.
I’m not big on gambling, so I opted for the Beach Towers with no resort fees (Option A). And you bet I’ll be getting my 4 free cocktails and sushi & sake platter!
How to book it
You must call 800-752-9711 to book this. And provide your Caesars Diamond number. Part of me was expecting them to say, “Nope, you can’t get it!”
But the phone representative had no trouble finding available dates for me. She went over all the options. Told me the differences in the rooms. And went over the cancellation policy (flexible until 7 days prior).
I confirmed my dates, she took my email, gave me a confirmation number, and said it was all set!
I also gave her my credit card to add to the room. The total call time was 9 minutes to book this. Could NOT have been simpler.
Also, you must book your trip by January 31st, 2017 for travel by February 28th, 2017. So you have ~4 months left.
I don’t know if this benefit will return next year. Or if they’ll replace it with something else. But I’m looking forward to seeing what happens – go if you can!
By the numbers
I love geeking out on this stuff.
So of course I wanted to find the retail cost if I paid for this out-of-pocket.
I selected the cheapest room in the Beach Tower, the Terrace View room, because let’s be honest, that’s what they’ll stick me in although you know – I’m Marriott Gold now so maybe they’ll have mercy on my soul and upgrade me!
Either way, the base rate with taxes would be ~$997 for my dates.
I used 20,000 British Airways Avios points to book the nonstop flights from Dallas to Nassau, and paid ~$11 in taxes. That’s a value of 4 cents per point – an awesome rate!
The flights back would’ve cost ~$997 themselves. Jeez.
But I paid:
For a value of nearly 3 cents per mile ($997 – $203 / 30,000 = 2.6). I’m fine with this, as long as I get 2 cents or more from each point or mile.
In all, I paid $203 + $11, or $214.
- $997 on the hotel – totally free, and no resort fees
- $803 on flights there ($814 – $11 in taxes)
- $794 on flights back ($997 – $203 in taxes)
- For a total of $2,594 saved out-of-pocket
The points and miles I used were:
- 20,000 British Airways Avios points
- 30,000 American miles
So a ~$2,600 Bahamas vacation for a little over $200 – I’d call that a staggeringly great deal.
Also, the flight times are extremely humane. Nothing too early or late. And only an hour layover on the way back.
I feel like I really lucked out with this trip. It probably took, all told, 20 minutes to throw it all together.
Suh-weet! I can’t wait to visit the Bahamas for the first time in a little under a month.
I’m hoping for upgrades with both the room and the flights – which would make the points and miles worth even more.
If you want to join, you can use my promotion code “FCHARLAN818“ to lock-in the $395 a year price for life – that’s my referral code. You can preview the benefits here. I’ve also written about many of them.
Has anyone else used this rather hidden FoundersCard benefit? Or stayed at the Atlantis?
If so, how was it? Would love to hear how it went!
Out and Out has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Out and Out and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
- Capital One Venture X Rewards - Earn 75,000 Venture miles once you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening, plus a $300 annual statement credit for travel booked through Capital One
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months and 3X bonus points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Amex Blue Business Plus - Earn 15,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.