This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
- Free Caesars Total Rewards Diamond Status with FoundersCard
- Yup, FoundersCard Still Offers Caesars Total Rewards Diamond Status Through 2017
- Assessing the Benefits of FoundersCard
- 18 FoundersCard Travel Benefits (Status, Discounts, and Freebies)
I’ve written a lot about FoundersCard over the years.
One of their cornerstone benefits since 2014 has been free Caesars Total Rewards Diamond elite status.
Thankfully, it’s made a comeback every year. Including this one!
You can get Total Rewards Diamond status through January 31st, 2018 – nearly a full year.
The bad news is FoundersCard currently costs $495, plus a one-time $95 fee, if you’re new.
However, if you have a trip to Vegas in the near future, it could be worth it anyway.
What you get with Total Rewards Diamond status
With Total Rewards Diamond status, you’ll get:
- Access to Diamond Lounges
- No resort fees
- Guaranteed Room with 72 hours notice in Atlantic City and Las Vegas
- Access to Priority lines at hotel check-in, restaurants, casino cages and the Total Rewards Center
- Use of VIP Reservations Hotline
- Diamond Aspirations eligibility
- Receive 20% discounts at casino gift shops
The Diamond Lounge access and lack of resort fees in Vegas is easily enough to cover the FoundersCard membership fee.
But what I’m most interested in is the “Diamond Aspirations eligibility.”
In December 2016, I got 4 free nights at the Atlantis in the Bahamas, which was easily worth over $1,100. Update: Out and Out reader Dan let me know this benefit has returned for 2017! So, 4 more free nights in the Bahamas is on my radar again for this year. This is open to all Total Rewards Diamond members – just call to book!
I reached out to Caesar’s to check if I was eligible to book a package this year. But they told me I had to wait for my Diamond status to hit again.
So then, I called FoundersCard. They said I was in the first batch to renew Diamond status and that it should hit next week. (So new and existing FoundersCard members get the perk.)
However, I don’t have much hope. Because it looks like packages this year are based on Tier Score instead of just status. Either way, I will definitely be following up on this. And will report if it’s possible.
And the other benefits are still extremely valuable if you use them a lot. Apparently, they also give you comped rooms and free show tickets as bonus benefits when you visit Vegas a time or two. Plus, you get a $100 Celebration dinner credit again this year.
Wanna sign up?
- Link: Sign up for FoundersCard
Right now, you can sign up and lock in a rate of $495 per year. It usually hovers around $395 these days, although I have no information on when or if that will return. But you can basically buy status for a set price.
If you use my promo code “FCHARLAN818” you can get the $495 rate ($100 off the normal rate).
You also get tons of other benefits, so take a look and see if it’s worth it for you.
Most peeps seem to only want the Total Rewards Diamond status, so if that’s you, the question is whether to sign up now or wait for the $395 rate to come back. If it does, I’ll be sure to have a post on it!
Now that this is a for sure thing, I think I need to plan a trip to Vegas and take full advantage of the Diamond Lounge, lack of resort fees, VIP access, free $100 dinner, and whatever else they wanna throw my way.
I’ll keep an eye on other potential rewards. And will be sure to let you know if I find a lower rate.
Check out my previous posts to read more about everything you get with FoundersCard. And do let me know if you have questions, want a referral, or plan to use the heck out of this perk in Vegas or elsewhere this year!
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Amex SPG Small Business Card - 35,000 Starwood points - Does NOT count against 5/24! My review of this offer.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve - 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points - My review of this card.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Why I love this card!
- Hilton Ascend Amex - 100,000 Hilton points - Why I picked up this card.
- Chase Ink Cash - $300 cash back (30,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) - Excellent 5X bonus categories and NO annual fee. COMPARE HERE.