This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
My statement closed last night and I just got the PDF. I can confirm all my rent payments made through Plastiq on my last Citi AT&T Access More statement earned 3X Citi ThankYou points. Even the ones made after July 22nd.
The only things that didn’t earn 3X coded as utility payments… which Citi has always said will earn 1X anyway.
The other payments are coding as “Misc Government Services.”
I’m not sure what this means, but it looks like 3X is alive and well!
Citi Plastiq 3X is still around
- Link: Sign up for Plastiq
Reader Amar confirmed on August 8th that his mortgage payment earned 3X as well.
Further, I made a rent, mortgage, and HOA payment – all earned 3X.
Interestingly, a student loan payment I made on my new Citi Diamond Preferred also coded as “Misc Government Services.”
I made the payment this way to avoid paying interest until 2019. But that it coded the same way leads me to believe some student loan payments will earn 3X as well. Previously, these payments coded as “Education” (which makes sense).
Somewhere along the line, the coding changed. And while I’d say to keep an eye on it, it seems 3X is good to go – for now at least.
Just wanted to share the newest data point. Let me know if it works for you, too!
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- BRAND NEW Amex Hilton Small Business Card - 100,000 Hilton points - Does NOT count against 5/24!
- Chase Sapphire Reserve - 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points - My review of this card.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Why I love this card!
- Hilton Ascend Amex - 100,000 Hilton points - Why I picked up this card.
- Chase Ink Cash - $300 cash back (30,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) - Excellent 5X bonus categories and NO annual fee. COMPARE HERE.