This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
I kicked off day two properly. As soon as I woke up, I went and stuck a spoonful of coconut oil into my mouth, set a timer, and started swishing. Normal, right? You’re supposed to do it first thing in the morning to start with a “fresh palette,” and it’s more effective because you haven’t eaten in 8 or so hours. Also – just a good way to start the day.
There were some dishes in the sink and a few things around the house that needed to get done, so I set about cleaning up, which helped A LOT to get my mind off the fact that I was swishing. I resumed the same pattern as the first day and the twenty minutes flew by.
I found that:
- It was easier the second day
- The spit didn’t bother me (as much)
- I didn’t have to fight (as much) to not swallow
- Nothing drained down my throat
- It was, in general, a little easier to do while I was still sorta groggy
However, I still felt sneezy, still had a headache, but felt rested. Lethargic, but not exhausted. I didn’t want to do much, but it’s not like I was falling over or anything. I felt a little “out of it.”
Something was still definitely kicking around in my system. I kinda dreaded the one hour mark after the oil pulling, since that was when everything hit me hard the day before. But on the second day, it felt fine. I don’t feel 100%, but I’m better. The skin around my eyes seems “tighter” if that makes any sense at all.
Right after I spit the oil out, I brushed and rinsed, popped an Allegra and two Aleve, and tried to get on with my day.
Lethargy came and went in waves. I sneezed occasionally. I told my Mom about it and she thought I was crazy. But this oil pulling thing is definitely sweeping the cobwebs out of my system. I don’t feel 100%, like I said, but I can tell that it’s starting to change me. I’m trying to be more conscious of my body and take note of the tiny changes. Being more conscious and more present is a good thing. I am, oddly enough, thankful that I’m getting all this nastiness out even if it makes me feel bad for a little bit.
I may or may not post each day, but will definitely post regular updates about this new journey. If you want to filter the posts easily, click “Oil Pulling” in the tag cloud: it’s located in the sidebar on the right.
But man, this oil pulling routine is cleaning me out. I hope it’s a get-worse-then-get-better kind of situation. Who knew that a teaspoon of oil could do all of this? I’m not a firm believer as of day two… but I can see myself getting there.
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Amex Business Platinum Card - 100,000 Amex Membership Rewards points! - If you spend a lot, you can end up with 125,000 points after meeting the spending requirements.
- Chase Ink Cash - $500 CASH! (50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) - Useful 5X for phones and office supplies and NO annual fee! COMPARE HERE.
- Blue Business Plus Amex - 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points - The BEST card for 2X on everyday spending.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Earn $600 cashback the 1st year.