Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
I kicked off day two properly. As soon as I woke up, I went and stuck a spoonful of coconut oil into my mouth, set a timer, and started swishing. Normal, right? You’re supposed to do it first thing in the morning to start with a “fresh palette,” and it’s more effective because you haven’t eaten in 8 or so hours. Also – just a good way to start the day.
There were some dishes in the sink and a few things around the house that needed to get done, so I set about cleaning up, which helped A LOT to get my mind off the fact that I was swishing. I resumed the same pattern as the first day and the twenty minutes flew by.
I found that:
- It was easier the second day
- The spit didn’t bother me (as much)
- I didn’t have to fight (as much) to not swallow
- Nothing drained down my throat
- It was, in general, a little easier to do while I was still sorta groggy
However, I still felt sneezy, still had a headache, but felt rested. Lethargic, but not exhausted. I didn’t want to do much, but it’s not like I was falling over or anything. I felt a little “out of it.”
Something was still definitely kicking around in my system. I kinda dreaded the one hour mark after the oil pulling, since that was when everything hit me hard the day before. But on the second day, it felt fine. I don’t feel 100%, but I’m better. The skin around my eyes seems “tighter” if that makes any sense at all.
Right after I spit the oil out, I brushed and rinsed, popped an Allegra and two Aleve, and tried to get on with my day.
Lethargy came and went in waves. I sneezed occasionally. I told my Mom about it and she thought I was crazy. But this oil pulling thing is definitely sweeping the cobwebs out of my system. I don’t feel 100%, like I said, but I can tell that it’s starting to change me. I’m trying to be more conscious of my body and take note of the tiny changes. Being more conscious and more present is a good thing. I am, oddly enough, thankful that I’m getting all this nastiness out even if it makes me feel bad for a little bit.
I may or may not post each day, but will definitely post regular updates about this new journey. If you want to filter the posts easily, click “Oil Pulling” in the tag cloud: it’s located in the sidebar on the right.
But man, this oil pulling routine is cleaning me out. I hope it’s a get-worse-then-get-better kind of situation. Who knew that a teaspoon of oil could do all of this? I’m not a firm believer as of day two… but I can see myself getting there.* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update! And thanks for using my links to apply for new card offers!
Out and Out has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Out and Out and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
- Capital One Venture X Rewards - Earn 75,000 Venture miles once you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening, plus a $300 annual statement credit for travel booked through Capital One
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months and 3X bonus points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Amex Blue Business Plus - Earn 15,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.