Out and Out reader Claudia let me know all the of the items included in last week’s awesome Kohl’s appliance deal are now on sale for $14.99 (at the time, they were all $16.99).
So if you’re crazy like I was/am, and bought 40 items in total, making a quick 15-minute call to Kohl’s can get you $80 back!
That obviously sweetens the previous deal – and saves you more.
Here are a couple of things to note.
Some tips for Kohl’s, and shopping in general
1. Call soon to get a Kohl’s price adjustment
First of all, the Kohl’s customer service number is 855-564-5705 (I had to peck around the site a bit to find it).
Claudia emailed me about this today so I thought I’d share. I just got off the phone with Kohl’s and they told me I was eligible for an $80 price adjustment.
The official price adjustment policy is you can get one if it’s been less than 14 days. The deal ended October 2nd, so depending if you bought on the 1st or 2nd, you still have a few more days to get your adjustment.
2. Ask if they can give you a new gift card, or refund your original gift card, IF…
The silver lining of using the MPX app means you can “hide” the refund from Chase/Discover if you bought a gift card. Even though it didn’t earn the 5X like I hoped. :/
Because if Kohl’s refunds your card, you’ll lose the 1X you did earn – Chase will take back the points; Discover will reverse the cashback.
Obviously only do this if you think you’ll shop at Kohl’s again. Otherwise, take the statement credit to your card!
And, you can only ask for this if you had mixed tenders like I did ($500 as a gift card, the rest on Discover It).
3. Always save your MPX cards, don’t mark as redeemed
Once you mark a gift card as redeemed in MPX, *poof!*, it’s gone. And apparently, it’s a nightmare to get the gift card number after the fact. Luckily, I’ve never been in this situation.
But never ever click “Mark as Redeemed” unless you’re 1,000% sure you’ll never need that gift card number again.
4. You can do the rebate on ONE form
I got a lot of questions about this. I’m planning to fill out ONE form and include the 40 UPCs in ONE envelope.
All in the same pot.
I believe all they do is confirm the date on the receipt and count the number of UPCs. I had a fun weekend carving out 40 UPCs with an Exacto knife lol. I have yet to list them for sale. And obviously have not mailed them yet. I will next week.
(Bonus.) Be sure to make copies of everything! Just in case there’s an issue, you want to have some recourse. Especially if you send it all your originals!
Getting $80 back makes this deal even MORE worthwhile. And I’m glad I did it, even though there are a LOT of steps involved. I find it fun and kind of thrilling. To hunt the deal, and piece it together and all that.
Next week will see me:
- Get $80 back from Kohl’s
- List the items for sale
- Mail-in the rebate form and UPCs
I’ll be sure to post an update once it’s all said and done.
If you’re eligible for a price adjustment, call Kohl’s at 855-564-5705 and see what they can do for you. And feel free to leave any other tips in the comments.
Thanks as always for reading, commenting, and reaching out. Thank you thank you! Have a great week!
- Capital One Venture X Rewards—Earn 90,000 Venture miles once you spend $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening, plus a $300 annual statement credit for travel booked through Capital One
- Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card—Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months and 3X bonus points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Amex Blue Business Plus—Earn 15,00 Membership Rewards points once you spend after you spend $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of Card Membership and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.