This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
Quick update about free Kindle books because:
- They’re free
- I noticed you can actually get full-length books now instead of just “singles”
You can get a free eBook just for being an IHG member (so anyone can get a free one). Redeem it through the IHG app!
Even better, you can get free books each quarter if you have elite status with IHG. (The number of books you can get depends on your status tier.)
You can get a free book this week. And another one next week on Sunday, April 1st – because it’ll be a new quarter! 🙂
Free Kindle book deal from IHG
You can get:
- 2 free books per year if you make an IHG account (1 every 6 months)
- 4 free books per year if you’re Gold elite (1 per quarter)
- 8 free books per year if you’re Platinum elite (2 per quarter)
- 12 free books per year if you’re Spite Elite (3 per quarter)
Of course, if you have the Chase IHG card (compare it here), you’re automatically Platinum which means you can download 2 books each quarter for free.
You can even sign up now to get a free one even with NO elite status. And get another one in Q3 or Q4.
I wrote about the details here. But it’s easy to find the deal.
Just open the IHG app, scroll down and tap “Your Extra Benefits: Kindle eBooks.” Choose a book directly in the app and have it sent to your Kindle or Kindle app. Very simple win.
It’s even better now
Before, you could only get “Kindle singles” which are novellas or short essays. But I noticed this time I could get full-length novels for free.
And that makes it an even better perk. Because whereas the Kindle singles are usually a buck or 2, longer works can be $5+, like this one I chose:
“Happy This Year!” is well-reviewed on Amazon and 215 pages. It’s also usually $5.
If you’re IHG Platinum elite and get $5 books all year (2 each quarter), that’s a value of $40 in free reading material.
Nothing earth-shattering, but it’s nice to skim through a book before your IFE kicks in. Or if you’re on the beach in Mexico and want something fun and fast. This is the definition of low-hanging fruit.
Here’s a fun little perk just for having the IHG app. I’ve read a couple of them and they’re entertaining if you like to read. 🤓
It’s use it or lose it. And if you have any elite status with IHG, you can get a book (or books) this week – and more starting April 1st, which is next Sunday! I plan to get 4 in total for my upcoming 16-hour flight to Tokyo.
Might make a fun summer read if you see something that looks interesting. Enjoy!
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points - Why this is the best card to start with.
- Chase Ink Cash - $500 CASH! (50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) - Useful 5X for phones and office supplies and NO annual fee! COMPARE HERE.
- Blue Business Plus Amex - 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points - The BEST card for 2X on everyday spending.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Earn $600 cashback the 1st year.