This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
Greetings, earthlings. No idea if this has been mentioned on other blogs or not.
I found a cool deal while tooling around on the IHG app.
Anyone can download the app and access free Kindle eBooks. You get more free eBooks throughout the year for having status with IHG.
Here are the deets!
How to find the IHG Kindle Offer
Once you download the Kindle app, sign into your account. If you don’t have one, you can create one through the app.
To find the free Kindle eBooks, click your name in the top right corner, then look for “Your Extra Benefits: Kindle eBooks” near the bottom.
Click “Get a Free eBook” to look through the selections.
You can get:
- 2 free books per year if you make an IHG account (1 every 6 months)
- 4 free books per year if you’re Gold elite (1 per quarter)
- 8 free books per year if you’re Platinum elite (2 per quarter)
- 12 free books per year if you’re Spite Elite (3 per quarter)
Of course, if you have the Chase IHG card, you’re automatically Platinum which means you can download 2 books each quarter for free.
There’s some good stuff in there! You’re limited to Kindle Singles, which are short novels, novellas, or long-form essays. I but saw some well-known authors in there.
Each Kindle Single costs $1 to $5. So you’re not saving a huge amount or anything ($60 at the absolute most, but more like a few bucks). But this is a nice little perk to fill up your device for reading on planes or trains, or just to enjoy.
When you find the book you want, sign into your Amazon account and that’s it!
You can start reading right away on a Kindle. Or, download the Kindle app to read on your phone or tablet.
I love to fill up my Kindle before flying so I’ll have something to read. It’s an easy way to stay entertained. That’s why I called it one of the best gifts for travelers.
Anyone can easily get a couple of free books per year via the IHG app. I found a book and downloaded it within a few minutes.
It’s super simple, and a nice gesture from IHG.
Enjoy the free books! Did you already know about this offer from IHG?
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Amex SPG Small Business Card - 35,000 Starwood points - Does NOT count against 5/24! My review of this offer.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve - 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points - My review of this card.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Why I love this card!
- Hilton Ascend Amex - 100,000 Hilton points - Why I picked up this card.
- Chase Ink Cash - $300 cash back (30,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) - Excellent 5X bonus categories and NO annual fee. COMPARE HERE.