Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Hope you’re having a wonderful holiday. Here’s a good deal alert!
NEW Boxed users can get ~$67 worth of stuff for ~$31 by stacking a new account bonus, cash reward, Amex Offer, and clicking through a shopping portal. The discount works out to be slightly above 50%, assuming you can hit the target right around $67.
I love a good stack! But keep in mind the math only works for new accounts. So you can either make a new account. Or just use the Amex Offer with a portal bonus and still do well.
Stack to get 50% off at Boxed
- Link: Sign up for Boxed
When you use my link to make a new Boxed account, you’ll get $15 to use on your first purchase of $60+ (and I’ll get $15 in Boxed credit, too).
New accounts also start with $2 in cash rewards, which you can also apply to your order. And you’ll get free shipping for any order over $49, which this will be.
Before you start, be sure to add the Boxed Amex Offer for $15 back on a $50+ purchase in your Amex account.
Then go shopping! Shoot for $67 – or as close as you can get to it for the maximum discount.
Boxed sells household items in bulk, like toilet paper, garbage bags, and cleaning products. And pantry staples like snacks, baking ingredients, and cereal. So it should be pretty easy to find something you want to stock up on.
I have personally used Boxed before and can vouch for their reliability.
Pick your shopping portal
Afterward, “X” out of the shopping window or tab altogether. Then go to Cashback Monitor so you can drop a cookie for your favorite shopping portal and get some cashback on your purchase.
However, I recommend Giving Assistant. Because they pay out within a couple of business days. The others can take weeks and weeks to see the payout.
Giving Assistant does monthly payouts via PayPal. If you sign-up, you also get $5 back when you make your first purchase.
You might also consider Ebates, even though it’s listed at 2% back. New users get $10 back on the first purchase.
That can easily push this discount into the 60+% off terrain – which is pretty incredible. Payouts are slow as molasses, but they’re fortunately automatic. So you might get some surprise cash a few months from now.
By the numbers
Here’s how it adds up.
I added some items and got to $67 (for max discount). So you get:
- $67 worth of stuff
- $15 off for new account (down to $52)
- $2 off from new user cash reward (down to $50)
- $15 back from Amex Offer (down to $35)
- $3 or $4 back from shopping portal (down to $32 or $31)
The discount works out to be better than 50% off. And if you’re new to Giving Assistant or Ebates, you’ll get $5 or $10 more back, respectively. $10 more off would mean you get $67 worth of stuff for something like $24 – which is an incredible deal.
Plus, you’ll get points or miles for using your Amex card.
This will only work if you make a new account with Boxed and have the $15 off $50+ Boxed Amex Offer in your Amex account. (Although you can still do well even if you don’t.)
Follow these steps:
- Make a new Boxed account
- Add at least $67 worth of stuff to your cart
- CLOSE THE TAB OR WINDOW
- Access Boxed again from your shopping portal of choice (I recommend Top Cashback or Giving Assistant. Or Ebates if you don’t already have an account.) Search for “Boxed“
- Check out and make sure your discounts are applied and your total is over $50
- Get $15 back from Amex and the payout from your shopping portal
The total will come to somewhere between ~$24 and ~$32, depending on which portal you select. But whatever you decide, the discount is greater than 50% off – which is awesome!
I just stacked this all in my mind and had to share lol.
Feel free to ask questions. And let me know if you think of any other angles!* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update! And thanks for using my links to apply for new card offers!
Out and Out has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Out and Out and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 2X bonus points for travel and dining - BEST EVER OFFER!
- Chase Ink Business Preferred - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 3X bonus points for travel, internet, cable, and phone service
- Capital One Venture Rewards - Earn 100,000 bonus miles and 2X miles on every purchase with no bonus categories to think about
- Amex Blue Business Plus - Earn 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.