This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
- FoundersCard Membership: Is it worth it?
- Details about FoundersCard benefits (Cathy Pacific, Avis, hotel discounts)
- Assessing the Benefits of FoundersCard
Update: You can lock in a FoundersCard membership for $295 a year through May 13th, 2016 when you sign-up with my link. This is $100 less than the usual rate!
I noticed that lots of the travel benefits offered by FoundersCard are ancillary benefits of having certain co-branded credit cards. So I thought it’d be fun to explore the benefits you can get from having a FoundersCard membership (which costs $395 a year) instead of having a bunch of credit cards.
This post inspired by the Chase British Airways Visa. RIP, fallen soldier.
In This Post
18 FoundersCard travel benefits, organized by type
2 – British Airways: 10% off fares from North America and UK
- Benefit of: Chase British Airways Visa
3 – Cathay Pacific: Silver elite status and 5%-25% off flights
4 – Clear: free for 6 months and $14o annual membership fee
- Benefit of: Visa Signature cards
6 – JetBlue: Mosaic elite status after 2 round-trip flights
9 – Virgin Atlantic: Silver elite status, fast track to Gold status, and 20% off fares from the US and Vancouver
1 – Caesars Total Rewards: Diamond elite status and 20% off bookings
2 – Hilton HHonors: Gold elite status
3 – HotelTonight: $50 credit and 15% off bookings
1 – Avis: Preferred Plus membership and up to 25% off rentals
- Benefit of: AMEX Platinum
2 – Hertz: #1 Club Gold or #1 Club Gold Five Star membership and 15% off rentals
- Benefit of: AMEX Platinum
4 – Sixt: Platinum elite membership and up to 15% off rentals
- Benefit of: World Elite MasterCards
5 – Zipcar: waived business initiation or $35 personal setup and $15 driving credit
1 – TripIt Pro: free for a year, then $39 annually
- Current/former (depending on account opening date) benefit of: Barclaycard Arrival Plus
As you can see, about half of the benefits are duplicated on credit cards.
And the other half (mostly the fare discounts, but also Caesars Diamond Status, reduced Zipcar membership, and others) are completely unique to FoundersCard.
So consider the annual fee on the FoundersCard is $395. Travel, like finance, is super personal. Whether or not this (and anything) is worth it will be up to you.
If you think you can get more than $395 in value, this is definitely a good deal. And if not, then it isn’t. Simple as that.
I see particular value opportunities in:
- Free TripIt Pro
- Hilton HHonors Gold elite status (free breakfast, bonus points on paid stays, late checkout)
- 10% off British Airways fares
- Free AA Platinum Status Challenge
- Clear membership, if it’s in your airport
- Caesars Diamond elite status
Depending on your travel patterns, it’s absolutely possible to get more than $395 back in value.
But this is only the travel benefits.
The benefits of FoundersCard have been pretty well in place for a couple of years by now, and I don’t think they’ll change any time soon. If anything, I expect they’ll add even more to the mix.
I personally really like the card. That being said, it’s only useful if you know you’ll use the discounts/value the freebies/etc.
The best way to see all the benefits is to take a look around for yourself. If you’d like, email me for an invite to access the visitor’s site.
Or, if you want, you can lock in the $395 annual fee for life when you sign up with my link.
Hopefully this shines a light on some of the FoundersCard travel benefits.
Let me know if you want to know particulars, or don’t hesistate to email me/comment below if you want an email invite or have questions!
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Amex Business Platinum Card - 100,000 Amex Membership Rewards points! - If you spend a lot, you can end up with 125,000 points after meeting the spending requirements.
- Chase Ink Cash - $500 CASH! (50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) - Useful 5X for phones and office supplies and NO annual fee! COMPARE HERE.
- Blue Business Plus Amex - 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points - The BEST card for 2X on everyday spending.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Earn $600 cashback the 1st year.