Oh man, looking back on my first AOR 3 years ago is such a stroll down memory lane.
I was still newish to points and miles, new to blogging, still finding my voice and figuring out my travel goals.
I mentioned them at the time:
My travel goals for this round of apps are Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Dublin, Seattle, Alaska, and eventually, Australia. I’d also LOVE to fit in Vienna/Prague sometime this summer.
I made it to all of those places with the exception of Prague (which I mentioned recently as a possibility with Hilton points, so it’s still on my radar):
- Trip Report: Riding On Amtrak Business Class NYP-BOS
- Hotel Review: Radisson Blu Royal, Dublin
- Off to Seattle & My First FTU!
- Hotel Review: Dome Home B&B, Healy, Alaska
- Hotel Review: InterContinental Sydney, Australia
It goes to show the power of setting a goal.
But I should take a little wisdom “Three Years Ago Harlan” because my recent round of applications were rather scattershot. After I get settled in Dallas, I’m gonna need to plan a lot of trips with all the points and miles I’ll earn from this newest AOR.