Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
(Please note you need a Chase Ink card and a Kohl’s charge card to replicate this.)
Points are starting to post. Here’s a rundown of everything I got for a $257 purchase.
- 2,573 Ultimate Rewards points – UR shopping portal to kohls.com
- 100 Ultimate Rewards points – UR shopping portal to staples.com for $50 gift card purchase
- 250 Ultimate Rewards points – Chase Ink card to pay for gift card on staples.com
- $2.50 back in Staples cash – from being a Staples rewards member
- $50 back in Kohl’s cash – $10 for each $50 spent
- Used Kohl’s card for $207 – a third of the way to MVC status for more discounts
Using the axiom of $.02 per point,I value these points at ~$111 ($58 for UR points + $52.50 in cash back rebates). For a $257 purchase, getting over $100 back ain’t half bad. Click here to read the steps I took to produce this little haul.RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update! And thanks for using my links to apply for new card offers!
Out and Out has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Out and Out and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 2X bonus points for travel and dining - BEST EVER OFFER!
- Chase Ink Business Preferred - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 3X bonus points for travel, internet, cable, and phone service
- Amex Blue Business Plus - Earn 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.