Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
I’ve gotten some pretty terrible IHG offers from IHG’s various “Accelerate” promotions (including one that required me to stay at a hotel brand with only 2 locations).
But their new Q3 Accelerate offer is actually… kind of OK (but couldn’t they come up with a different name for it? Even the URL is bland lol).
It’s not worth moving a minor mountain for or anything, but it seems I can stay at an IHG for 2 nights in September 2016 and earn an extra 35,000 IHG points.
My IHG Accelerate offer
- Link: IHG Q3 Accelerate Promo
Here it is:
So if I can:
- Stay once (5,000 points)
- In September (5,000 points)
- For 2 weekend nights (4,000 points)
- And use my Chase IHG to pay for it (1,500 points)
- I’ll unlock an achievement bonus (19,500 points)
And earn a bonus of 35,000 IHG points. That’s pretty decent.
I’ll likely have some sort of trip pop up next month. And it might be worth it to switch it over to IHG if it’s during the weekend.
I’m not sure if I’d mattress run for it or not. Although, there are plenty of hotels in the Dallas area with rates around ~$70 a night.
Two nights during a weekend in September, after taxes, costs about ~$165.
That comes to under half a cent per point for all 35,000 IHG points.
Which is good, especially if I can increase their value at hotels that are typically very expensive.
Which could be a good deal for a hotel like the Holiday Inn San Francisco-Golden Gateway, which costs ~$405 a night after taxes, or 40,000 IHG points (thus doubling the value of the points earned from the Q3 Accelerate promotion).
Even if I don’t use the points right away, I know I can get good value from them down the road, like I did at the ANA Crowne Plaza in Osaka, Japan. Although I’m not expecting, well, anything extra despite having IHG Spire Elite status (their highest tier).
I’m curious to hear about your offer, as I tend to be geeky about these types of personalized offers. Here’s the link to the promotion to sign-in and check yours. Everyone’s offer may be slightly different.
Keep in mind you should sign up before you stay – IHG doesn’t credit stays after the fact.
Is yours worth mattress running or switching a stay for?* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update! And thanks for using my links to apply for new card offers!
Out and Out has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Out and Out and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
- Capital One Venture X Rewards - Earn 75,000 Venture miles plus a $300 annual statement credit for travel booked through Capital One
- Chase Ink Business Preferred - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $15,000 on purchases in the first 3 months and 3X bonus points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Amex Blue Business Plus - Earn 15,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.