This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
I’ve gotten some pretty terrible IHG offers from IHG’s various “Accelerate” promotions (including one that required me to stay at a hotel brand with only 2 locations).
But their new Q3 Accelerate offer is actually… kind of OK (but couldn’t they come up with a different name for it? Even the URL is bland lol).
It’s not worth moving a minor mountain for or anything, but it seems I can stay at an IHG for 2 nights in September 2016 and earn an extra 35,000 IHG points.
My IHG Accelerate offer
- Link: IHG Q3 Accelerate Promo
Here it is:
So if I can:
- Stay once (5,000 points)
- In September (5,000 points)
- For 2 weekend nights (4,000 points)
- And use my Chase IHG to pay for it (1,500 points)
- I’ll unlock an achievement bonus (19,500 points)
And earn a bonus of 35,000 IHG points. That’s pretty decent.
I’ll likely have some sort of trip pop up next month. And it might be worth it to switch it over to IHG if it’s during the weekend.
I’m not sure if I’d mattress run for it or not. Although, there are plenty of hotels in the Dallas area with rates around ~$70 a night.
Two nights during a weekend in September, after taxes, costs about ~$165.
That comes to under half a cent per point for all 35,000 IHG points.
Which is good, especially if I can increase their value at hotels that are typically very expensive.
Which could be a good deal for a hotel like the Holiday Inn San Francisco-Golden Gateway, which costs ~$405 a night after taxes, or 40,000 IHG points (thus doubling the value of the points earned from the Q3 Accelerate promotion).
Even if I don’t use the points right away, I know I can get good value from them down the road, like I did at the ANA Crowne Plaza in Osaka, Japan. Although I’m not expecting, well, anything extra despite having IHG Spire Elite status (their highest tier).
I’m curious to hear about your offer, as I tend to be geeky about these types of personalized offers. Here’s the link to the promotion to sign-in and check yours. Everyone’s offer may be slightly different.
Keep in mind you should sign up before you stay – IHG doesn’t credit stays after the fact.
Is yours worth mattress running or switching a stay for?
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points - Why this is the best card to start with.
- Chase Ink Cash - $500 CASH! (50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) - Useful 5X for phones and office supplies and NO annual fee! COMPARE HERE.
- Blue Business Plus Amex - 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points - The BEST card for 2X on everyday spending.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Earn $600 cashback the 1st year.