Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Beginning March 22nd, 2014, the American Express Platinum Card will no longer permit entry to American Airlines Admirals Club lounges (only Delta SkyClubs, Priority Pass Select lounges, and Centurion lounges).
While looking through the Business Extra website, I noticed something mighty interesting: a yearly Admirals Club membership can be had for 3,000 points!
This could be a viable option for those who want to keep the Platinum Card and still retain access to Admirals Club lounges – the great thing is that you can bring a guest (you can’t with Delta – not for free anyway *cough* it’s $27 for additional persons *cough*) AND you don’t have to be flying on American to enter the lounges. Just go in whenever you want.
Or, another option, anyone can get this just to have lounge access anywhere American or US Airways have lounges – they’re easy to find at PHL, JFK, LGA, LAX, CLT, DCA, etc.
I will definitely be redeeming this for a free Admirals Club membership for when I fly American again. Who knows how long they’ll offer this for 3,000 points due to the Amex / merger situations, so get on it while you can if you’re interested.
In addition, they’re offering 1,000 points per business you refer – up to 5,000 points. Three successful referrals would be enough to redeem for the membership, saving you ~$450. That’s a great deal.
If anyone would like a referral, I have five to give. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will email you the referral link.
The referral offer expires March 31, 2014, so the sooner you can get in on this, the better!
* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update! And thanks for using my links to apply for new card offers!
Out and Out has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Out and Out and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 2X bonus points for travel and dining - BEST EVER OFFER!
- Chase Ink Business Preferred - Earn 100,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 3X bonus points for travel, internet, cable, and phone service
- Capital One Venture Rewards - Earn 100,000 bonus miles and 2X miles on every purchase with no bonus categories to think about
- Amex Blue Business Plus - Earn 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.