Editorial Disclosure: Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
File under: things I’ve been wanting to do for a looong time – a proper points & miles meetup!
I was lucky enough to regularly attend meetups when I lived in New York a few years ago and always had a blast hanging out with the community. And looked for something similar in the Dallas area – I’ve missed the chance to geek out on points, miles, and travel. I got tired of waiting and made a group myself!
A new Dallas meetup is open
- Link: Join Out for Miles
It’s finally here! I made a brand new Meetup group for anyone in Dallas who wants to connect with other points & miles collectors. In keeping with the blog theme, I called it “Out for Miles” – and anyone is welcome to join.
Dallas is ideal for this because American, Alaska, and Southwest all have hubs here. I know there must be road warriors, frequent flyers, and peeps into rewards programs around here. Hopefully this pulls them out of the woodwork. 😉
The DFW metro area is huge obviously, but I’d like to keep the events closer to or focused on Dallas. I’m open to meeting in Irving, Plano, Addison, or any of the outer ring cities.
Thinking of keeping it to roughly this schedule:
- Mid March (the first event is March 15, 2018!)
- Late April/Early May
- Mid June (after Memorial day/before July 4th)
- Early August
- Mid to Late September (After Labor Day)
- Early November (After Halloween/before Thanksgiving)
- Nothing in December
- Maybe resume in Late January or Early February once New Year is over?
I’m working on the first couple of events right now.
The inaugural meetup will be at Pegasus City Brewery in the Design District. They have chill taproom with a little sectioned off area and excellent craft beers on draft. If you’re interested, go ahead and join and RSVP to let us know you can make it!
What am I doing?
I’ve never organized a group like this. So if anyone local has any ideas for:
- Cool venues
- What to look out for when planning or what to ask before committing
- Best times and days of the week
- Anything else
I am all ears. I’m hoping to stick to roughly every 6 weeks and open to moving around a bit for travel convenience and to attract more people.
In addition, feel free to share the link with anyone you might know around Dallas. And join in case you ever connect here or find yourself in town for any reason. I’ll do my best to plan events in advance and announce them regularly. Hopefully 3 weeks is enough notice for the first gathering.
Thank you to everyone who emailed, commented, reminded, and chased me down until I finally did this.
Stay tuned for updates, times, and venue for the next events.
And if you have ideas for a cool place to hang, or any other “getting started” tips, let me know. See you soon!* If you liked this post, consider signing up to receive free blog posts in an RSS reader and you’ll never miss an update! And thanks for using my links to apply for new card offers!
Out and Out has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Out and Out and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
- Chase Ink Business Preferred - Earn 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points and 3X bonus points for travel, internet, cable, and phone service
- Chase Sapphire Preferred - Earn 60,000 Chase points with the BEST card for beginners
- Amex Blue Business Plus - Earn 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 2X bonus points on up to $50,000 in spending per year with NO annual fee