- Booking Barcelona: $747 Round-trip in AA Business Class
- Seriously tempted by the 75,000 point Citi Hilton Visa offer
- Yay! Just got Discover It and Citi Hilton 75K cards!
OK, flash forward to now. I have the 75,000 Hilton points, and just booked a trip to Barcelona in January.
Those are all great things, so what’s the dilemma?
To Points & Money, or just money?
This is how life has been lately: I think one thing sounds good, then turn it over in my mind and convince myself of its opposite. Then repeat, like an annoying little hamster wheel of indecision.
Why stop now?
Here are my conflicting ideas.
Within the image above are the raw materials for a room at the Hilton Barcelona in January. The options are:
- The room rate at $150 a night, prepaid (AKA $935 for 6 nights after taxes)
- 30,000 Hilton points a night (AKA 150,000 Hilton points for 6 nights with 5th night free)
- 12,000 Hilton points + $50 a night (AKA 72,000 Hilton points + $310 for 6 nights)