I’ve been looking to get a VPN (Virtual Private Network) for a while now. While there are pros and cons to using a VPN, the good stuff far outweighs the bad.
Having a VPN:
- Lets you steam content from anywhere (no geoblocks!)
- Gives you a new IP address
- Protects you when using unsecured public wifi (like in airports)
- Secures VOIP phone calls
- Prevents your ISP from tracking BitTorrent and other torrent sites
- Helps you get around bandwidth throttling tied to your IP address
I primarily use a VPN to stream content from other countries (like when Spotify or YouTube says “this isn’t available in your country” – problem solved), and torrenting. Though when I’m connected to a VPN, I have to go through the whole security routine with bank logins (they want to send a text or email to confirm it’s me – which is a PITA).
That said, I found a deal to get 12 months of NordVPN service for $24 – and so far, I really like it! Particularly because they have apps for every device. So I can secure the traffic on my iPhone. Because I already use Face ID for most apps, the security is actually much easier for mobile.
I’ll show you how to stack the deal to pay $24 for a year of service.
They also have a 30-day money back guarantee, and make it super easy to cancel auto-payments.