Well that was fast.
The employees have definitely been trained to look out for these cards and reloads.
Here’s what happened
So I went in, went and got in line at the normal registers just like last time, and presented my REDbird (REDcard). The cashier glanced at it and instantly dismissed it. “You have to take those to Guest Services.” Ugh. Started to get a bad feeling then.
So I went over to Guest Services, as instructed, and again presented my REDbird card.
“Are you trying to pay with a credit card?”
“Cash or debit only.”
“Oh, but I loaded it here just last week with a credit card.”
“It’s a new rule. Cash or debit only,” the cashier repeated.
“But I can still load it with a credit card at other Targets.”
She rapidly shook her head. “All stores are cash or debit now.”
I knew that wasn’t correct, but who knows what sort of information she’d been fed. I didn’t press her any more, and left.
- The cashiers at this location are trained to look for these cards now
- It is indeed cash or debit only
- I wouldn’t waste my time trying here again
- This is a huge missed opportunity for us New Yorkers as it’s already a barren wasteland for manufactured spending
- It’s really disappointing to lose this opportunity so early on
- Unless you travel often to other places that have a Target store, you are better off using Serve instead of trying to play with REDbird