This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
- Must-Haves of Travel: Coconut Oil
- Must-Haves of Travel: Apple Cider Vinegar
- Must-Haves of Travel: Activated Charcoal
- Must-Haves of Travel: Affordable Razors!
I know, I know. There are a lot of “must-haves” now. So much to keep track of.
I have to get super judicious about these.
Side note: the new Jewel album is SO GOOD. It’s called “Picking Up the Pieces” and it’s a throwback to 1995. It’s supposed to feel like it came right after “Pieces of You” (hence the similarity in the titles).
HER VOICE. Sounds so good. Some of it’s a little emo and histrionic, and has me in kind of a mood. But the songs are gorgeous. Please listen to it!
As another aside, there’s a last.fm plugin in the right-hand sidebar so you guys can always creep on what I’m listening to. Feel free to add me there if you have an account!
Anyway, rose petal water.
ROSE PETAL WATER
But the first time I got a bottle of rose water and used it as a toner was a little piece of heaven.
The smell is incredible, for one. So light, and complex, and lovely.
It’s very hydrating, which is great for:
- Dry environments
- Use as a toner after a hot shower (absolute bliss!)
People also use it for:
- A light chemical-free perfume
- A hair rinse
- Bathwater scent
- Scent in any homemade skin products, like face masks or scrubs
I know it sounds kinda crazy, but read the reviews!
When I got the bottle, I casually spritzed a little on as a toner. And then I practically bathed in it, it smelled – and felt – that good.
How to travel with it
I don’t have any huge hack or anything.
I just went to the dollar store on the corner and got a couple of spray bottles in various sizes. These 2 have served me quite well:
Something like this would probably work very well for all sorts of uses.
I like one that’s a little bigger for 5 to 7 day trips, and a slightly smaller one for weekend trips. Both of them easily fit in any bag or carry-on.
I fill them up, and toss them in a clear plastic Ziplock bag. Flash forward to the airport, where I breeze past security with TSA PreCheck, and then to wherever I’m staying – I use these to get ready in the morning and before bed at night. Then bring them home and put them in a cabinet, where they lie in wait for the next trip.
I like this brand because it’s 100% rose petal water. It’s made with rose petals and water. That’s it.
If you put it in the fridge and spritz it on in the morning, it 1. feels amazing on a hot summer day and 2. is perhaps the most refreshing thing on the planet.
If you have sensitive skin, dry skin, dark spots, zits, or just want an amazing toner that’ll leave you lightly scented and super soft, AND that’s all-natural, this stuff really can’t be beat.
So yeah. My new thing. Rose water, rose petal water, whatever. This stuff. Heaven in a bottle.
For travelers, this is an excellent way to tone, refresh, and hydrate skin. It also has cleansing properties that keep your skin healthy, too.
That’s all for now, back to the new Jewel album.
Whatever you’re doing, make it a good one! 🙂
Oh, and let me know if you’ve used rose petal water, or have any natural products you like to use!
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- BRAND NEW Amex Hilton Small Business Card - 100,000 Hilton points - Does NOT count against 5/24!
- Chase Sapphire Reserve - 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points - My review of this card.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Why I love this card!
- Hilton Ascend Amex - 100,000 Hilton points - Why I picked up this card.
- Chase Ink Cash - $300 cash back (30,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) - Excellent 5X bonus categories and NO annual fee. COMPARE HERE.