This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
- Ibotta: Get Cash Back When You Shop
- Save (or Earn!) Money at Amazon and More This Holiday Season
- A Few Apps + Sites I Like to Save Money
Just a quick tip.
For a limited time, you’ll get $5 added to your account when you sign up for Ibotta and redeem 1 rebate. (Full disclosure: when you use my link, I’ll get $5 too, so thank you for clicking through with it!)
This is an easy way to get a few bucks, but know you can’t transfer the cash out of your Ibotta account until you reach the $10 mark. You can transfer to your PayPal or Venmo accounts once you do. And it’s relatively easy to earn money with the app.
- Link: Ibotta
I write about, and use, this app quite a bit because I love to save money!
It’s worth a download if you use certain store loyalty programs because all you have to do is link them up, and the rest is automatic. All you have to do is “unlock” the rebates by answering short questions or “learning a fact.”
The highest payouts are actually for beer, wine, and spirits. So if you’re planning any holiday parties, your balance will build even faster.
I use the app to buy beer for my Airbnbs, then get cashback. I also use it for cleaning supplies, paper products, and a few personal care items like body wash and shampoo. Sometimes there are good deals for cereal, drinks, gum, and other random stuff. So it’s worth a looky-loo when you have a few minutes to spare.
Also note the cashback you earn is in addition to any store sales, promotions, or coupons. If you’re into stacking discounts, this is yet another way to dip.
More ways to save
It’s easy to spend a lot during the holidays, but you can save a lot, too.
Get another $5 for using Giving Assistant.
And if you shop online a lot, you’ll want to sign up for Paribus, too.
Get $5 in your account when you sign up for Ibotta and redeem at least 1 rebate. This is a limited-time offer, but it’s an easy win.
It’ll probably take you 30 seconds to sign up and a few minutes to redeem a rebate. If you’re hanging around, it’s worth looking into. Especially if you like to stack deals and discounts like I do.
While you’re at it, read my tips about how to save (or earn!) more this holiday season.
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Amex SPG Small Business Card - 35,000 Starwood points - Does NOT count against 5/24! My review of this offer.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve - 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points - My review of this card.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Why I love this card!
- Hilton Ascend Amex - 100,000 Hilton points - Why I picked up this card.
- Chase Ink Cash - $300 cash back (30,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) - Excellent 5X bonus categories and NO annual fee. COMPARE HERE.