This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
Beginning March 22nd, 2014, the American Express Platinum Card will no longer permit entry to American Airlines Admirals Club lounges (only Delta SkyClubs, Priority Pass Select lounges, and Centurion lounges).
While looking through the Business Extra website, I noticed something mighty interesting: a yearly Admirals Club membership can be had for 3,000 points!
This could be a viable option for those who want to keep the Platinum Card and still retain access to Admirals Club lounges – the great thing is that you can bring a guest (you can’t with Delta – not for free anyway *cough* it’s $27 for additional persons *cough*) AND you don’t have to be flying on American to enter the lounges. Just go in whenever you want.
Or, another option, anyone can get this just to have lounge access anywhere American or US Airways have lounges – they’re easy to find at PHL, JFK, LGA, LAX, CLT, DCA, etc.
I will definitely be redeeming this for a free Admirals Club membership for when I fly American again. Who knows how long they’ll offer this for 3,000 points due to the Amex / merger situations, so get on it while you can if you’re interested.
In addition, they’re offering 1,000 points per business you refer – up to 5,000 points. Three successful referrals would be enough to redeem for the membership, saving you ~$450. That’s a great deal.
If anyone would like a referral, I have five to give. Email me at email@example.com and I will email you the referral link.
The referral offer expires March 31, 2014, so the sooner you can get in on this, the better!
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- BRAND NEW Amex Hilton Small Business Card - 100,000 Hilton points - Does NOT count against 5/24!
- Chase Sapphire Reserve - 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points - My review of this card.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Why I love this card!
- Hilton Ascend Amex - 100,000 Hilton points - Why I picked up this card.
- Chase Ink Cash - $300 cash back (30,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) - Excellent 5X bonus categories and NO annual fee. COMPARE HERE.