This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
I use mint.com to keep track of my credit card accounts, IRAs, and student loans. My student loans are by far the bulk of my debt – about $50,000.
I currently have IRAs with two companies, Fidelity and USAA, and a brokerage account with Fidelity (the one my Fidelity Investment Rewards card plugs into). There’s about $4,000 among them.
My immediate goals are to pay down student loan debt, save up for a down payment on a house, and put the rest into an IRA until I max it out. This will definitely be a “slow and steady wins the race” kind of proposition.
My current salary is about $60,000 ($50,000 base + yearly bonus + reimbursements for healthcare).
My first Financial Snapshot. Really putting it all out there. Here goes nothin’…
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- BRAND NEW Amex Hilton Small Business Card - 100,000 Hilton points - Does NOT count against 5/24!
- Chase Sapphire Reserve - 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points - My review of this card.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Why I love this card!
- Hilton Ascend Amex - 100,000 Hilton points - Why I picked up this card.
- Chase Ink Cash - $300 cash back (30,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) - Excellent 5X bonus categories and NO annual fee. COMPARE HERE.