Yesterday, after writing the post about how to best manufacture spend post-Vanilla, I went ahead and dumped Bluebird. I’ve heard of many ways people have done it, and the different sequences of opening/closing, and all the conflicting rules about switching from Bluebird to Serve.
Here’s how I did it:
- Applied for a Serve card by following this promo link to get a $50 credit after two direct deposits of $250 or more (I plan to do this with Amazon Payments in May)
- Yes, WITH my Bluebird account still open
- Of course I got an “account being reviewed” message because you can’t have a Bluebird and a Serve account at the same time
- So then I called Bluebird CS to close account
- Then Serve CS to open the pending account
- Seconds after I hung up, I got a “Welcome to Serve” email