This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. What is written in the article is the editor's opinion.
Note: this may be a targeted offer, but definitely worth it to see if it’s on your account.
Barclays is now offering the “Rewards Fan Zone” where you can earn extra Arrival+ miles by completing various (easy) “activities”.
Rewards Fan Zone
To see if you’ve been targeted, simply check your Arrival+ card on the Barclays website. Here’s what showed up for me:
After you log in to the Barclays website, navigate over to the “Barclaycard extras” tab to see what shows up for you.
I was on the cusp of 5,000 Arrival+ miles, and the activities chosen for me to complete were enough to put me over the edge for my next $50 award redemption, with absolutely no spend required.
As you can see, the activities are super easy to complete, and really only take a second or two per task:
It’s stuff like connecting your Barclaycard to social media, following them on Twitter, watching a short video, etc. The miles posted instantly, right after I completed each activity.
Nothing major, but you can get an extra few bucks worth of travel redemptions for clicking a few buttons.
If you’re on the cusp of your next award redemption, it’s totally worth it to check to see if you’re targeted for this.
More than anything, I’m glad Barclays is continuing to offer enhancements on the Arrival+ cards like:
- The Barclays RewardsBoost shopping portal
- The Barclaycard travel community (which I was banned from)
- Free TripIt Pro (which has saved my butt many times)
- Great retention offers
- MasterCard World Elite privileges
- And now, this offer
I’m curious to see what else they continue to roll out for this card and for the new Rewards Fan Zone to make it competitive within the rewards card industry. That curiosity has been my biggest driver for keeping this card as long as I have (along with a great retention offer).
Kudos to Barclays for continuing to innovate in a crowded market, even if it is only for a few extra hundred miles. I’m looking forward to seeing what they roll out next.
Was anyone else targeted for this? Are your offers better than mine? Would love to hear if offers differ from what I’ve posted!
BEST Current Credit Card Deals
- Amex SPG Small Business Card - 35,000 Starwood points - Does NOT count against 5/24! My review of this offer.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve - 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points - My review of this card.
- Discover it® Cashback Match™ Card - $50 after 1st purchase within 3 months of account opening - Why I love this card!
- Hilton Ascend Amex - 100,000 Hilton points - Why I picked up this card.
- Chase Ink Cash - $300 cash back (30,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points) - Excellent 5X bonus categories and NO annual fee. COMPARE HERE.